Sunday, June 01, 2008

Back to Beantown

It's been almost 4 years since Scott and I sold all of our furniture, packed all of our boxes to ship on Amtrak and took off driving in our old Saab to move from Boston to Utah. I had lived in Boston for four years and had the time of my life there. We both LOVED living there!! Seriously. Loved. It. We made the very best friends, went on amazing trips all over the east, lived up a very fun single life and then found each other. We have THE BEST memories of Boston and we honestly still miss it sooooooooooo much. Boston felt more like home to me than anywhere I've ever lived. But, four years ago we left our first little apartment together and drove across Canada and the United States for a whole month, camping all along the way. That was so fun.

Just minutes before driving away. We were so sad!
Acadia, Maine. Our first camping stop.
Close to Cooperstown, NY after going to the Baseball Hall of Fame.We came to Utah, got jobs, got settled, bought a house, had two daughters and have always promised that we would finally go back to Boston for our 5 year anniversary! Well, well, well, our fifth anniversary is this year. On September 6. And we are going back to the place we love so much. The place we met, dated, fell in love and lived our first year after being married. Yahoooo!!! It's official. We now have plane tickets! We get to be in Boston for the first week of September and celebrate our anniversary there.What makes it even better is that our best friends from our years in Boston are coming back with us!!! I am crazy excited when I think about it. Kamber (my best friend and roommate for 9 years), her husband Brian (Scott's roommate and good friend) and Randi (mine and Kam's roommate and godmother of our children and favorite friend in the world) are all going to join us in Boston for the best "reunion" week ever!

We've already made big plans and those who know me, know there is nothing that thrills me more than planning a trip. This one beats them all. I've never been more excited. We get to see so many old friends, eat at all the places we still dream about, visit all our favorite spots. Mmmmmm. Can't wait to be swimming in good ol' Walden Pond again and then to Kimball Farms for ice cream.

Scott has tickets to a Red Sox vs. Yankees game at Yankees Stadium, we have tickets to Mormon night at the Red Sox at Fenway Park, we have a friend who is letting us have her house on the Cape for a few days, we want to go to Nantucket and ride bikes, we'll take our kids to the frog pond in Boston Common, we'll go to Woodstock, VT and eat cheese, we'll walk along the Charles River, we'll go visit our singles ward and spanish branch, we'll walk the Freedom Trail again, etc. etc. The list goes on and on.

I've traveled to many places around the world and I still say that Boston is my favorite city of them all. Can't wait to get back to Beantown.

7 comments:

Randi said...

I just remembered another place I want to eat: Mr. Bartleys!

I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!

Oh, by the way, guess who I saw at church today? One Elder Allred! Such a cutie! I'll tell you all about it later.

Turner said...

Wow, I can feel the excitement pulsing from my monitor. How fun and what an amazing bond you will forever have with the city and with each other!!! Already wishing you guys a good time.

turleybenson said...

Stop it! You're going to make me pee my pants again! I just hope you all have time to squeeze us in more than once. Or twice.

Sue said...

What a wonderful vision of your trip! How fun to get the things that you love so much together again! I am so excited for you!

Dunn Family said...

I love checking your blog because you always update and it is always interetesting to look at. It looks like you will have a wonderful time in Boston! I am excited for you guys! Oh, and we would love to go to a Bees game. Let us know when you want to go!

Jeni said...

Alicia,

I am SO sad I won't be up there for the reunion par-tay. Think of me when you guys are there stomping around on our old stomping grounds!

Kam said...

Oh boy! I just finally got to surf the blogs, and look at this great trbute to our trip! Yay! Your Boston skyline picts are gooooorgeous. Are they yours, for real?

Wow! I'm getting soooo excited for such a fun trip with you guys. Let the spreadsheets roooollll, Alicia!!