We went through two days of pure torture for her and us. It was AWFUL!! The first night took forever for Brie to fall asleep. She just couldn't do it without the chupa. We read books, sang songs, laid with her and finally after hours of trying she fell asleep. She woke up in the night crying and Scott went in to help her back to sleep again. The next day she couldn't fall asleep for a nap which made for an unbearable afternoon. That night was the worst though. Brie woke up in the middle of the night hysterical. She cried and cried and was half asleep and nothing could console her. I really thought it was like having a child addicted to drugs and she was going through withdrawals. It was so bad, but she fell asleep again.
Since then we have not heard about the chupa. Not at all. It's gone for good. It took two days. Two horrible days, but now it is gone and it's like it never existed. Hip hip hooray!! I am sooooooo glad.
We wrapped the chupa up in pretty pink paper and ribbons.
Grandma asked her about her chupa yesterday and Brie told her, "I grow and grow and grow and now I a big girl and I don't have a chupa." That's right!
Side note: You'll notice the yellow dress and the Ariel nightgown Brie is wearing. Those are the ONLY things she wears!! Seriously. She dresses herself up and won't even think about anything other than a dress or a nightgown and switches between them at least 30 times a day!
5 comments:
Don't worry Morgan loves dresses and nightgowns too! Ariel is her favorite princess and 3 has like 4 ariel nightgowns. At least they are cute night gowns right!
Alicia, you are the best mother. For real. Chupa Fairies? And you wrote a LETTER to them? And put it in the MAILBOX? Nobody is a better mother than you. Those girls are so lucky to have such a fun mom. I am feeling really sorry for my unborn right now. Not only will the Chupa Fairies not be visiting our home, I'm planning to tell them that Santa Claus is fake right from the get go.
Congratulations Brielle! It sounds like those two days were AWFUL, I'm impressed you didn't give up. I don't know if I could have handled that.
If I cut up my chupa, will the Chupa Fairies bring me a Bayliner?
you are the cutest mom ever!! I am sorry it was so horrible, so sad....but so happy for you it is all in the past now!! I love what she said to grandma!! you need to do a post of Brielle top ten best quotes or something, she always says the cutest things!!
Post a Comment