Sunday, June 22, 2008

Meet The Princess

Brielle is totally and completely obsessed with princesses. She has only seen "The Little Mermaid" and "Cinderella", but somehow she knows each Disney princess and is IN LOVE!

Brie got "dress up" dresses and shoes (she only refers to them as slippers) for her birthday. She wakes up in the morning and IMMEDIATELY is dressed up in a princess dress and shoes and crown and necklace, etc. I have to force her to put on clothes to leave the house and then as soon as we walk through the door back home, her clothes are off and a princess dress is on. Seriously! She changes clothes constantly through out the day. She changes from a nightgown to a dress to a swim suit to a different night gown to a different dress. I went to put Ava to bed one night and when I came back Scott was shocked and said Brie had changed clothes EIGHT times in the 10 minutes I was gone. She pretends to be a different princess or character in each out fit.
So, the new game lately is to "meet the princess". She remembered recently that when we went to Disneyland she went to meet the princesses. We now do this at our house all day long. She dresses up. She sits on the island in the kitchen and says, "Mommy, do you want to come meet me?" in her best princess voice and smile. I am asked this question so many times a day. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. When I can, I pretend to wait in line. I once walked right up to her and was told that no, I needed to wait in line first. I then get to meet her! I act all excited and nervous. She tells me what princess she is and gives me a hug and talks to me and then tells me to go meet the other princesses because there are lots and lots of people waiting to meet her. When Scott meets her she wants him to dance with her because he, of course, is a prince.

When she wears the purple dress she is Ariel.
Pink is Cinderella. Prince Daddy meeting Cinderella. I think we each "meet" her nine times a day.Dancing with Prince Daddy.This dress means she is Snow White. I'm not sure how she decided these. She is so good at pretending and make believe. When she has her swim suit on she uses her magic wand to change me and Ava into swim suits. She then lays out a blanket and that is the pool and she pretends we are all at the beach and pretends to swim in the "water".

Brielle, the princess, is also coming up on one full week of no more diapers. She is doing okay. We've been able to go to restaurants, parks, church and grandma's house with her wearing panties. We're still working on no more accidents, but she is definitely getting there and absolutely refuses to wear anything but panties because we are told, "I a big girl".Our little princess is also trying to figure out if she still needs an afternoon nap or not. I am trying to survive it. If she takes a nap, she is up playing in her room and getting out of bed until 10 pm!!!! Aggghhh! If she doesn't take a nap, this is what the sweet little princess turns into. Who wants to meet that? Not me.

8 comments:

Randi said...

Alicia, that...was...AWESOME! Oh man, meet the princess, meet the princess on the toilet, meet the princess freaking out, that was some brilliant blogging. I'm telling everyone to check it out.

Kam said...

Brielle is our inspiration today. Samantha has already asked to "see Brie crying" about ten times. She's really fascinated! But even MORE important, we talked about how Brie is not wearing nappies anymore, and Samantha actually went pee in the BIG potty just now, for the FIRST TIME EVER!!! Way to go, Pricess Brie! You have inspired us! Sorry about the no-nap stuff... right there with ya, sister!

Buchanan House said...

Breille certainly makes a pretty princess in her lovely gowns and slippers. And her smile is adorable.

Sue said...

I love Brielle's princesses! When she grows up, and gets to be whatever she wants to be, I hope that she can get us family and friends discounts into Disneyland. Wouldn't that be interesting if she really does it. Too bad about the crying, what happens if she falls asleep for a short time at 3 or 4?

Kam said...

Sam just asked to watch "Brie crying" about 10 times in a row. Her comments..
"Brie not being nice."
"Brie sad. Brie tired."
"Brie cry sad princess."

Samantha sympathizes completely.

laura said...

Hilarious. I love seeing not-so-prnicessy Kea standing beside her. I love that you have to meet her. How funny.

Carolynj said...

What an incredible imagination on an absolutely beautiful "Princess". Funny how people (children) latch onto special interests at a young age, many times without encouragement from others. Kinda makes you wonder,

It will be fascinating to see what she does with her life. Acting, writing, fashion - love that she remembers the details of Disneyland.

Amber said...

so funny you put those posts together! I would never have imagined Brie was capable of being anything but the sweet smile she always shows for the camera. I love that you posted her having a fit.