This is a picture of the lists that were sitting around the house at the moment I got the camera out. A list of dinners for the week, a grocery list, a cleaning list, and a big projects to do list.
Scott and I have been taking turns going to the Fire Station for CPR and First Aid classes. Last night we went to First Aid together and now we are both certified in CPR and trained in First Aid. Yahoo! I really wanted to do this because I am at home alone with the kids all day and I wanted to feel like I would know what to do if something happened to one of them. Now I do.
So:
CPR certified . . . . . . . Check!
First Aid trained . . . . Check!
All digital pictures from past three years onto discs and organized . . . Check!
Update 72 hour kit . . . . Check!
Purchase 3 month supply of canned foods . . . . Check!
Purchase long term supply of food . . . . Check!
Sit with Scott and have him show me finances . . . . Check!
Buy 55 gallon water container . . . . Check!
Fill 55 gallon water container . . . . Check!
Yeah!! It feels so good. There are a few big things still nagging me. I STILL want to somehow get my blog into a printed form. That is a huge task, but I want to do it desperately. I still need to go to the church dry pack and get a few more "long term food storage" items. And Scott bought software to make our will, so now we need to make it. Hopefully these will be checked soon.
8 comments:
WOW!!! I wish I had any of those things checked off. But now I just have added more things to my "to do" list. I'm very impressed!
That's great to be so organized. I'd better get started on some of those things myself. Thanks for setting such a good example for the rest of us.
Wow, all that food storage! Now you guys are like Class A church members or something, right? You get some kind of promotion for that, I'm sure!
Seriously, that is AWESOME!
Wow! I need help with a few of those things. I'll have to get your advice on food storage when I'm there.
The other day in the store I dropped my list and we saw it on the floor a ways away. I sent Connor to get it for me and told him that was like rescuing Mommy's brain. Once I write things down they are gone from my brain to free up space.
Oh my goodness!!! I love lists, but rarely get the big jobs done. Show this to Krista, she left for Utah today without her cell phone charger so was in tears on her way to the airport. My response was, "That is why you need a list." Congratulations on your check marks, I just move my stuff to the next day.
It's also fun to make your list at the end of the day, to see all that you have accomplished. Especially with little kids, where you don't really know what each day may bring.
Alicia, this is Laura Carter, I work with Scott and I love lists too! It's awesome that you've completed so much! by the way, blogger as well as five or six other sites I've found offer printed versions of blogs. They put them into a book with all of your pictures as well. I'll look up the names of some for you!
Good luck!
ummm... just so you know... you don't need to be perfect all the time alicia!
Post a Comment