Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day

We had a great Father's Day on Sunday. I am always so excited for Father's Day to celebrate what an absolutely amazing father Scott is. I love to tell him and give him presents and make him good food and try to let it be his day. We tried.

This was a project I asked Landon to do for me. I wanted to give Scott a picture of Mt. Olympus in SLC. Landon and Sarah went and took a bunch of fantastic pictures, I chose my favorite and then they printed it for me. Isn't it amazing? Scott loved it!!
We had a nice morning at church. After lunch we put the girls down to nap and I started preparing for Father's Day dinner. I told Scott to go take a nap, but he stayed and helped me get ready to have his family over for dinner. What a guy! He did get a little bit of a nap - in the basement. A nap in the basement is both of our dreams because it is so cold down there when it's so hot outside. He was woken up by both Brie and Ava crying. I guess we should get him some ear plugs next year.

We had Scott's brother, Brian, and his family and Scott's parents for Father's Day dinner. I made Scott's favorite - country style ribs, rice, corn on the cob, grilled pineapple, and green salad. It was a good dinner and so fun to be with the family to celebrate these great dads.

My pictures don't really look like father's day. There is not much of Scott. There is more of the girly girl cousins playing together. We all had a good time.Brie took Annabelle and Clara up to her bed to read them the new "daddy book" that Brie gave Scott for Father's Day. She remembered it pretty well to read to them.
The dad's took these pink, silky, girliest girls out to play a little football. Heeeelarious!I am so so so grateful for the dad that Scott is. He devotes all of his time to us. He works to provide for us and then comes home and plays with the girls and takes care of all of our needs. He absolutely loves and adores these girls. I could not ask for anything more for my children. He is always so sensitive and in touch to their needs (just ask me about salmonella). I love that Brie adores her daddy. She waits for him all day saying she is waiting for her prince to come home from work. Ava laughs and laughs as soon as she sees him walk through the door. What a good daddy!

I think about my own dad and my father-in-law and am even more grateful. I was raised by such a good man. He set a very good example and taught me to be who am now. I love him and feel so blessed to have him as my father and friend. And Fred is such a kind and loving person. He has shown me acceptance and love from the moment I met him. I am lucky to get to spend time with him and learn from him. Happy Father's Day to them all.

2 comments:

Kam said...

Yay! What a nice day, and what a nice tribute to Scottie-pie. He is a great dad, and you can just tell his girls think he's wonderful. Who wouldn't?

Umm... does Brie have some grand collection of spare nightgowns for whenever someone comes to visit? Or did Clara and Annabell bring their own? And the poofy deep crimson one Brie has on in that first picture is quite the gown!! wow!

Amber said...

love the picture, it is really cool!! If Scott loves grilled pineapple, you should try our new favorite... grilled corn on the cob. just soak the cobs (still in the husk) in water for about an hour then grill for about 30 min, turning about every 10 min. Grilling it gives it such a good taste from the husk, it is so yummy, you don't even need the salt and butter!