Monday, December 31, 2007

Holiday Highlights

There was a lot going on this holiday season with family and friends beyond Christmas and birthday. Here are some of the highlights from our holidays.

1. Fred and Rama's 44th anniversary was December 27. We had my parents babysit the kids and we took them out to dinner at the Market Street Grill with the adults only. It was marvelous! Happy Anniversary!
2. I had a tooth ache all through Christmas. I went to see the dentist as soon as he was back in the office (Dec. 27) and got to have a root canal. I didn't enjoy the above mentioned dinner as much as I wish I could have.

3. It snowed almost every day my family was here. It was beautiful and cold. Some liked it, some whined about it (Dad), some sledded in it, some shoveled it (thank you Mom).

4. We got to have a visit from some of our favorite people - Tim, Becky and Caroline Wilson - all the way from Boston! It was so great to have them come over and hang out with us. We miss them.5. Scott's reaction when I told him I went after Christmas shopping with my mom and Bryce and got us new stockings. I got one for me, one for him and five more for kids! Just in case. :) He DID NOT think that was necessary.

6. A day of fun with Landon, Sarah and Aiden. Dad took us all to Peruvian food for lunch and then to mini golf. We had a blast!

7. We got to go to our new nephew's baby blessing in Orem. Andrew (born 2 weeks after Ava) was blessed by his dad, Alan. We had a nice time at Laura's family's house afterward for lunch.

8. A car accident. The morning of the baby blessing was a huge snow storm. Scott left to go pick his parents up to drive them to Orem. He called me about ten minutes later and said that he (and Brie) was waiting at a stop light when a car couldn't slow down in the snow and rear ended him. He is fine, Brie is fine and the van is getting a new bumper right now.

9. Rick (Digby), Arielle and new Spencer Kone came to visit! It was so great to spend the evening with them and meet Spencer. Spencer was born one month after Ava. They took quite a liking to each other.10. Another birthday party for Brie. The girl was on present overload on Christmas so we held some back. A few days later we opened birthday presents with Grandma and Grandpa Allred. She LOVED her new dress up clothes!

4 comments:

laura said...

Keep the blogs coming. I love all of them. I hate root canals and car accidents- other than that, it looks like a fabulous December. I love the picture of Aiden and Brie. You are very ambitious with your stocking purchases. I only bought 4.

Missy said...

#5 is killing me! I am laughing so hard! Alicia, you should know better than to give your hubby a heart attack! I would have done the same thing...you want them all to match should you happen to have more kiddies....what if you had the 5 more kids all at the same time...quints!!!

Missy

Teresa said...

Great pics, Great blog. I love the leftovers. I need to do that now.

the House of Payne said...

I missed the Wilsons?