Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Christmas Story

Yesterday morning Brielle crawled into bed with me when she woke up in the morning. We watched the snow out the window and I told her the story of baby Jesus being born to Mary and that is why we celebrate Christmas. I then told her how a long time after baby Jesus was born, another baby was born on Christmas and her name was Brielle! I told her all about when she was born on Christmas morning two years ago.

On Christmas eve two years ago we were at Scott's parents house. We read the story from the Bible and acted out the nativity play. I, of course, was Mary. Scott read, ". . . the days were accomplished that she should be delivered."

Brielle's due date was January 17. The whole time I was pregnant I kept telling everyone that I just wanted her to be born away from the holidays. On Christmas eve night we went home and I thought it would be so cool for us to sleep under the Christmas tree. Scott convinced me to sleep in bed. A few hours after going to bed I turned over to my other side and . . . my water broke. I was shocked. I didn't know quite what to do. And it was Christmas morning!!!

We opened presents and called family while I was in labor in the hospital. Brielle was born at 12:56pm that day. The day she was born was so amazing and special for us.

Last year we got to celebrate her first birthday with my family in California. This year we will celebrate her second birthday with all of Scott's family on Christmas night. She has chosen a Cinderella birthday and is so excited to have a birthday party with her cousins. There are certainly goods and bads to having your birthday on Christmas. The very best "good" is that she is always with lots of family for her big day. We can't wait!

We certainly love our Christmas miracle.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I love this post. That is so special that she gets to share this day with the time when everyone thinks about Christ's birth. I am glad you get to tell her about it every year.

Dunn Family said...

Happy Birthday Brie!!! And, Merry Christmas to you all. Sorry, we didn't get our cards out, you will get a Happy New Year card.