Friday, December 07, 2007

In The Spirit

Christmas time is so much more exciting and fun with a child that kind of gets it. I am thrilled that we get to do Christmassy things with Brie and she is excited about them and kind of understands them. She knows Santa (she saw him at the mall) is coming and that he is bringing new toys. She says, "New toys! So excited!". She is very happy to get a piece of candy out of our German advent calendar each day counting down to Christmas. She greets the Christmas tree and the snow each morning by saying, "Hi Christmas tree. Hi snow." . She is excited to take Christmas cookies to Grandma and Papa. I CAN NOT wait to see how she reacts to it all on Christmas morning! And then she gets even more presents and more celebration with all the cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents on Christmas evening for her birthday! Talk about a good day.

One day this week we did some fun things to prepare for Christmas:

We decorated our tree:

Then we went to play (march around in) in the snow:
After her nap we made Christmas sugar cookies:These pictures are for Laura. We accidentally bought bread flour instead of all-purpose flour. I called Laura to ask what it would do. She didn't know for sure, so we tried it. I wouldn't suggest it.
This is how the cookies went in the oven in their nice Christmas shapes:
This is how they came out: (still delicious!)After dinner (sugar cookies) we spread out the blanket on the floor and watched "Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer" on TV until Scott came home from his late night. We are definitely enjoying the Christmas spirit around here. I am so glad to share it with my Brie-Brie.

6 comments:

Buchanan House said...

What a pretty Christmas tree! What a cute little girl helping with the Christmas activities. What a great day it will be with Christmas and a birthday on the same day. Merry Christmas and happy birthday to you Brielle!

Roger said...

Dear Betty Crocker,
I want to make some sugar cookies in the shape of ghosts and goblins. What do you suggest?
A BIG Fan

PS Brie is lucky to have a mom like you. I had to watch Rudolph without cookies. It is a very thought-provoking film. Afterall, which is bettter, being an elf or being a dentist, being a prospector or being a Bumble?

Teresa said...

Brie looks SO cute in these pictures. I am glad she is enjoying the holidays. She is not looking any bigger though. What is up with that? You are making me really want some sugar cookies. Maybe we will bake some with Nana and Papa this week.

Dunn Family said...

I love Brie! She is so smart to know just how to make those sugar cookies. I love that she is tasting the dough to make sure it is good enough and sweet enough! smart girl!

laura said...

lHow fun. I LOVE CHristmas time. your cookies looked bad, but tasted good. Mine tasted bad, but looked good. I'd rather have yours. Brie marching around in snow looks like child abuse to me.
We also watched Rudolph this week for our family movie night with hot chocolate and popcorn with M&M's. Next I want to introduce my kids to Miracle on 34th street- best movie EVER.

A, M and S said...

I'm glad you can be home with your wonderful daughters and enjoy these days!