The story goes - I planned a date night for us. I bought tickets to a Christmas concert, got a babysitter, planned dinner, etc. Five minutes before the babysitter was going to show up at our door I checked the tickets and said, "Today is December 8, right?". Nope. It was the 7th. So the babysitter came and played with Brie and put her to bed and we took Ava out Christmas shopping for our date.
The next night a different babysitter came, played with Brie and put her to bed while we went out to dinner and the concert (with Ava). It was such a fun time to just be with Scooter Pie. We had a delicious dinner at a cool Australian restaurant. (It wasn't exactly like old dating times because I did have to nurse Ava in a bathroom stall. That didn't used to happen on dates.) Then we went to an AWESOME concert. I loved it!! It was Christmas music by some of my favorite local artists. There were guitars, fiddles, banjos, pianos, bass and good male voices. The performers were:
Peter Breinholt (Of course.)

Ryan Shupe & The Rubber Band
Sam Payne (a new favorite)
What a great time. I like those kind of double dates.
Sam Payne (a new favorite)
What a great time. I like those kind of double dates.
4 comments:
Wow. The last date we went on was- well, the one you planned for us and it was with our whole family. I wish you lived by us- it's the planning that really gets me. Actually, mostly just the babysitter. I can't ever seem to make the call. And during the holidays to boot- you get double the points.
I am so jealous!!! I love all of those bands. You are so lucky, I had no idea that they were even having a concert. You will have to start giving me a monthly calendar of all the festivities going on! I am glad you had fun!
I know Sam Payne. He's my brother. He lives in San Diego. He has a wife and two sons. And he does play guitar.
But that's not Sam Payne.
That sounds like a wonderful two nights. I would have loved the concert. Mom
Post a Comment