Sunday, December 02, 2007

Winter Wonderland


December was kicked off right around here! We woke up yesterday morning (December 1) to so much snow! It snowed all through the night, so when we opened our windows we saw a beautiful blanket of glistening untouched snow. It was beautiful. It continued to snow throughout the whole day.

Growing up in Bakersfield, CA made me not a lover of snow. I have now spent 14 winters in snowy cities and I can honestly say that I love the snow. Maybe because these days I don't have to go anywhere in it. I can just stay warm inside with my girlies and watch the snow through the window. It is definitely lovely to watch. It means winter and Christmas and warm blankets and hot chocolate and hats and gloves and fires. Talk to me again in March about the snow and I'll have another story. For now, I'm glad it's December and I'm glad December looks like this.

Here is Brielle in the ensemble she put together to go out and play in the snow.
Ava was a little more ready to brave the cold. (Thank you Tim and Becky.)
For all my family that was so afraid to come to our house for Thanksgiving because it might snow:

10 comments:

A, M and S said...

Let it snow (there)!
R

Sarah A said...

I love it!! You get me all excited to move back to Utah. It's a good thing your neighbors have trees because they are beautiful!

Buchanan House said...

I like to see snow at Christmas time--especially if I don't have anywhere to drive. The rest of the winter it can just stay up in the mountains for the skiers and also replenish the water supply.

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. It looks like you are secure in your home or porch as you are enjoying the snow. Have fun. We are wondering about Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is Mom

Jessica said...

Um, snow is nice in pictures and movies but not when you have to trudge through dirty sloshy snow to the subway that is half a mile a way, and up and down subway stairs that are slick in your high heeled boots on your way to church. In short, snow is okay in your lifestyle so I will send all of my snow your way.

Alicia said...

Um, Jessica . . . I detect some bitterness toward your NYC lifesytle. Remember, I was in your lifestyle in the snow and on the subway for longer than you have been in it. And yes, I hated the snow then. Come sit on the warm comfortable couch at my house and watch it snow out the window with me. I'll even make hot chocolate that you can stir with a candy cane.

Roger said...

In my opinion, if there is such a place as hell, it would be full of snow. Ho Ho Ho!
Some like it HOT!

laura said...

Thank you sweet Mother Nature for waiting for us to leave Utah to unleash you're wintery fury. Today I am wearing a short sleeved shirt, watching out the window in my polarized sunglasses (because it is just so darn sunny) at my two barefoot kids jumping on the trampoline. I LOVE CALIFORNIA!!

Kam said...

That is just gorgeous to see all that beautiful snow. I bet Scott didn't like it as much, having to brave the roads to get to work. But I would certainly love your offer of hot chocolate with candy canes to stir. I'd say, if it's going to be dark and grey and dismal, snow really would brighten things up a bit. Snow wishes go out from London tonight.