Brielle's prayer for us to get "all better" has been a constant at our house for a week now. We are trying to recover.
I have spent the past few days trying to get the house all better - tons of laundry, cleaning bathrooms, having a plumber install a new toilet (we had pee water leaking from the upstairs toilet to the downstairs ceiling), dusting, vacuuming, etc. etc.
We also have been trying to get our sick girls all better. We literally have not left the house since coming home from Ava's blessing on Sunday. We got a pretty good snow storm, so it is cold and snowy outside and Brie, Ava and I have stayed nice and warm and sick inside. Brielle got a cough and fever on Thanksgiving. She is up and playing and back to being miss chatty, but still coughing. Ava is so sick though. It makes me so sad to see my little tiny 2 month old sick. She has a fever, cheeks are flushed, nose stuffed up and a horrible cough. Brie didn't get even the slightest bit sick until she was 9 months old and that was an ear infection. I worry about my baby being so small and being sick. I am just so glad that it hasn't progressed to real croup and she is still breathing well.
Hopefully we are all better soon.
(P.S. Brie has been saying all of our prayers lately. She does a much better job of not bouncing around doing it when she is strapped in at the dinner table. Although she cracks up laughing every time she sees herself bounce around during this video. She thinks it is just hilarious. We think it is hilarious that she uses the "safe" sign from baseball to finish the prayer.))
4 comments:
Blake would also like to thank Brie for his horrible cough. No croup- just a lot of coughing, a lot of very productive sneezing and a LOT OF CRYING. He has been crying and following me around saying "mama" since we got home. We've stayed home all week, but Christmas is coming, so I'm taking the poor guy out today. Ask Brie to include Blake in her next prayer.
Oh, Alicia, I can relate. You probably read my posts from a few months ago where I was fighting constant throw up and diarrhea from all sides. Ethan didn't get sick until he was older as well, but I guess having older brothers and sisters gives them more germies. Thanksgiving at your place looked like a blast...we can't wait to visit ya'll in the Spring!
Brie is so cute! It is so amazing to me how much she is talking. Also, that she knows prayer! I know how it is with a sick baby. It seems like Zoey was always sick from going to the babysitter everyday. Well, if you need help getting "all better" at your house, let me know! :)
Oh, the guilt is killing me. :( I'm soooo sooo sorry little Ava is sick, and soooooooooooo sorry if it really came from Samantha. We've continued the sickness at our house, with Sam finally getting antibiotics yesterday for her chesty cough (no croup). None of our other nieces and nephews seem to have gotten it, but I am so sad if we infected the Buchanans and Skinners. Sad day. We will continue to bear our guilt in the dark, dismal days of London -- staying in all week like the rest of you. :( sorry.
Post a Comment