Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Day at Our House

Thanksgiving was at our house this year. We have wanted to host Thanksgiving ever since we first looked at this house. The kitchen can seat us all and we have two ovens! Perfect. What other time will we use two ovens? We got our wish and it was just what we had hoped for.

We had a lot of my family here staying at our house for the whole weekend. We invited Scott's parents over for Thanksgiving dinner. It was quite the party. I want to share lots of the pictures because this is our family journal and I think it's fun for the family not here to see. We'll begin with pics of Thanksgiving day:

Davin, Kea and Brie began Thanksgiving day with some light reading on the kitchen floor.
Brian and Laura (holding Ava) and Brielle in front of the first round of food.
Scott and his Mom setting the Thanksgiving table.
Dad and Fred (Scott's dad) "discussing". A favorite past time for both of them.
Bryce telling Grandma how it is.
Jessica and her friend from New York City, Kia.
Waitin for the turkey!Mom and Rama (Scott's mom) finishing up the cooking. THANK HEAVEN for them! Scott and his turkey! Yet another beauty. This year it was a 25 pounder.
Laura and her rolls! (he, he, he. Come on Laura, you and they look beautiful.)Alicia thanking everyone for being with us for Thanksgiving. Yes, Scott was snapping pictures of me blubbering through it. Not cool.Our Thanksgiving table.The tallest person there (Brian) and Kea at the little kids table.
Uncle Bryce holding baby Ava. I hear she got her first taste of candied yams.
Blake and his Thanksgiving feast.Kea, Brielle and Davin with their pumpkins.Mom and Dad relaxing after dinner.
Jessica and Kea smiling at Ava. Ava loves this holiday stuff with tons of arms around to be held in.Ava and her Grandma.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Alicia. Thanks for the big posts. It looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!! You have been blogging up a STORM. Wow. Gorgeous family pictures. Looks like you all had such a fun time being together. My comments on the last few posts...
-- How funny to see Brian at the kids table. Did he really eat there?
-- I certainly hope Brie ALSO has a nice navy BYU hoodie, to match her Utes hoodie.
-- Jessica is sooo beautiful. All you sisters look so much alike.
-- I love to see Fred and Roger "discussing."
-- Can Ava get cuter? She looks so adorable in every picture, and sooo Allred. The pictures of her (and you and Scott) on blessing day are sooo beautiful. You were blessed with perfect lighting (and what looks like perfect Alicia hair) on that perfect day.
-- I love the new look on the entertainment center, especially once you got all the pictures and decorations in the shelves. It looks great!

That's probably enough outta me for awhile. I miss you already.

Todd and Anna said...

Awesome! I am very jealous of your house and the ability to host such a large group! It seems like your new house worked out perfectly. Good job Scott on the Turkey.
We won't talk about the cheaters beating Utah, that is just too sad.
Ava is so adorable, glad her blessing worked out so well and the potato party was a success. You guys are amazing- 3 parties last week!

Todd

Teresa said...

I love, love, love the pictures. You did a much better job than the last time the family got together, and you forgot to take pictures. I would have loved to be there. I guess I just need to move closer huh? Your house sounds like the perfect place to have Thanksgiving.
I think the picture of Gma and Bryce is classic. How funny that you caught those expressions.
Jessica is beautiful!
Ava is adorable.
Everyone else looks great and so happy.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures, wonderful days. Thanks for including us in the celebrations.

Sarah A said...

it looks like we missed out on a great Allred weekend. i can't believe how many events were squished into a three day period- good job on organizing that all! Those pictures are great and capture the weekend perfectly!

Roger said...

My top ten Thanksgiving memories (in random order).
1. The cheaters, I mean the Cougars, got what they deserved.
2. The Thanksgiving meal was absolutely delicious. Everyone loves Laura's "rolls."
3. The Buchanan hosts were exceptionally gracious.
4. We had so many of our family gathered. I appreciate that Bryce gave up his BYU social life to be with us and Jessica traveled from so far away.
5. It was nice to have Kia with us.
6. I enjoy Fred's company and his perspective, and especially the way he can disagree without being disagreeable. I am learning.
7. Scott gave a wonderful and thoughtful blessing to Ava.
8. I really appreciated Alicia's Thanksgiving message that was also posted on this blog.
9. I am grateful that we all traveled so safely in cars, planes, Bryce's beater and jumping out of planes.
10. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. It is wonderful to me.

laura said...

Holy cow. You didn't miss a thing. We really did pack it all in- food and activities. You did forget to mention my incredible finds at Tai Pan. I set them on my entertainment center and love them! We weren't even to the freeway before Davin said that he missed Brielle. I wish all cousins could live CLoser!!!!!! Life is just funner with cousins.