Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Another Project Complete . . . almost

From the very first time I looked at this house wondering if we should buy it or not, I've wanted to change the fireplace wall. We bought the house and then I had my idea of just what I wanted to do to this wall and I've wanted to do it so bad ever since. The wall just looked a little too 70s to me. I've been nervous to bust out the paint brush because of everyone's comments about painting over wood.

Well, I did it! And I absolutely love it!

Before:

After:
I say it's almost done because I still need to spray the gold of the fire place cover to be silver and Scott is in negotiations with our wood working neighbor to show him how to build a mantle. I'd like a thicker black mantle. And then it will be done. We'll see when that happens. For now, I'm happy with the paint job.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That makes a shocking difference. Good luck with the mantle, that should look really cool. (Sarah and I are taking notes on how to deal with a 70's house for when its our turn)

laura said...

That looks much better. I love it. Can't wait to see your house in person!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! Looks great. You sure know how to use a paint brush... You inspire me to do more home projects of my own. I can't wait to see the new mantel, I am sure it will look great, everything you do looks great.

Teresa said...

you've done it again. I love it.