We've made the switch. Brielle is finally in a forward facing car seat. She still does not meet the weight requirements and that is why we have waited. She is supposed to weigh at least 20 lbs. and she weighs about 18 lbs. Brian (pediatrician/brother) says it is fine to make the switch because she is over a year old. So, on Friday we braved the snow and my sickness to go in search of a "big girl" car seat. We had decided to buy a Britax Marathon because of their safety ratings. We just had to choose which cover we liked. We didn't see any just plain colored, normal looking covers that we liked so we got the one we loved - the cowmooflage. I think it is so funny and so cute to see Brie riding in this huge cow print car seat. She is LOVING facing forward and seeing us and all that is out the front window. She is copying her cousin Davin at this age and calling every animal she sees outside the window a "Gog". When it really is a dog she gets really excited.There will be many happy miles to come with Brie sitting in cowmooflage. We wish her luck on her adventures. And if we ever get sick of the spots we'll just buy a new cover.
P.S. Update: If you read my last post I said that I was finally feeling sick, I'm glad to report that I really was just sick. I think I must have had the flu. I am right back to feeling fine. Yipee!
5 comments:
What a great seat!! I picture her in a red shirt and red bow riding in it. When that happens- take a picture. How sweet that your remembered our little Davin's vocab. Congrats on feeling well- you lucky son of a gun.
That seat is so cool. I loved the days when they liked going in their carseats. It doesn't last long though. At least not on long car rides. That is what the DVD player is for.
I am glad you are feeling better. It did surprise me when you said you all of a sudden felt sick. I still wasn't worried though. haha
What a great seat! Lucky Brielle!
I am happy that you are feeling better.
I can lease you a gog, cheap.
That is a mighty fine car seat. I bet Brielle looks really small sitting in it--she is such a petite little girl. Many happy days riding in your car!
Post a Comment