Thursday, February 22, 2007

Introducing Baby #2


That is right. We are expecting baby #2!! The due date is September 17. We are thrilled!!! We told our family and closest friends a few weeks ago, but now that we are further along and all is well, we thought we'd spread the news.

It's just been amazing how this all happened so quickly and easily. We always said we wanted to get pregnant again when Brie turned one and that is exactly what happened. Wow. That was a whole lot more simple than the months of hoping when we wanted to get pregnant with our first. I am now 10 1/2 weeks along and really feeling great. All of those who get really sick while pregnant (Kamber, Laura S. and Laura B.) should avoid reading this part, but I have felt no nausea, no tiredness, no anything. This actually worried me, so I told my doctor on our last visit and after an ultrasound showed that everything looked great I decided to count myself lucky. Well . . . three days later I started feeling sick. Weird to start feeling sick in your 10th week, huh? Hopefully it won't last long because I don't like it at all. I really feel for you all that go through months of this and a lot worse.

We went to our first doctor's visit at 6 weeks and saw a tiny little flashing dot, which was the heart. That was very exciting and very reassuring to see. This is baby's first ultrasound picture.

We went again to see the doctor last Friday, at 10 weeks, and the baby had really grown. We still saw the heart beating and we even saw the baby flip around, wave it's arms and do some swimming. How amazing!

7 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

Hi Alicia! Congratulations!! We check your blog every now and then through Kamber's blog. So exciting to hear about baby #2 - that's great! Brielle will be such a cute older sister!! :)
Lisa & Bryce

Kam said...

I'm sooo excited for you guys, as you already know! I just looked at those two ultrasound shots back to back ... how amazing to see how fast the baby is growing. What a miracle it is, eh? I hope you don't feel sick for too long. My sickness when expecting Sam didn't start till about 10 wks, but hopefully yours is shorter lived and less disgusting than mine was!

Kelly said...

Congratulations!

Natalie said...

Congratulations Alicia! How exciting for you guys. Brielle will be such a cute big sister.

laura said...

You know what they say. If your having a different kind of pregnancy, you're carrying a different gender of baby....

Timo said...

Congratulations, Buchanans! That is great news. How far up on the list of "likely names" is Regina Herkelheimer? Best wishes.

the House of Payne said...

Awesome! Yay!