Friday, February 09, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Scott and I celebrated Valentine's Day today. Tomorrow morning (Saturday) we leave our house at 7 am to go babysit the Kirk family until Feb. 18. We'll be staying with the four kids, ages 10, 8 and 4 year old twins, until next Sunday when their parents come back from their cruise. It should be crazy! So . . . we will be with the Kirks on Valentine's Day, so we celebrated early.

I was getting ready this morning and in came Brielle and Scott with a beautiful bouquet of red roses! Perfect! I was thrilled. They smell so good and look so pretty.

This evening we dropped Brielle off to play with Grandma Rama and Papa Fred while Scott and I went on a date. We went to the Gateway and saw the movie "Pursuit of Happyness". It was amazing! It was a great true story with a very happy ending. The story getting to the happiness was hard though and I cried most of the way through. After the movie we walked around Gateway just to walk and look at people and store windows and then had dinner. It was a very nice night for us and for Brie.

We came home and put Brie to bed and then I gave Scott the present I have been making for him. The picture is below. He loved it and I am happy with how it turned out. I hope you all have a happy Valentine's Day like we did.

5 comments:

laura said...

I LOVE what you gave Scott. Please send me the details. Can they do it on a bronzed metal and put it on deep red wood, or cherry wood? What a fun Valentine's day. You celebrated early-- we're celebrating late.

Anonymous said...

I loved tending Brielle. We're looking forward to seeing the movie--thanks for the recommendation. The valentine gifts are really nice. Good luck at the Kirks.

Sue said...

see the book blog for my comment on this, I read them at the same time.

Kam said...

Wow! That plaque looks soooo cool! What a great gift, and so personal. Now I know what you can get us for Christmas next year!! ha! Seriously, what a fun way to celebrate Valentines Day. Sounds like you'll be having an interesting week, too!

Teresa said...

I also would like to put in an order for a plaque for Christmas this year. Mom sent this past years Christmas present to me in the mail, and it got here unscathed. Now, I need Steve to get out the hammer and nails. I think this Saturday will be the day.