Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Toddler Fun




Now that Brielle is a toddler, things have certainly been more fun. We have all morning to play together and she is able to get around and interact with other kids/people better. We've found some fun things to do around our neighborhood that are turning into really good outings.

1. Indoor Pool: In Sugarhouse (3 miles away) there is an indoor pool for the kids. They have "open plunge" hours and you can just go play in the pool. It has all kinds of cool things like a lazy river, a slide, big water toys, etc. Last week we invited Greg and his boys, Lincoln and Bradley, to go to the pool with us. It was cold and snowy outside, but warm and fun inside. The kids loved it. And so did the dads. We then took them out to dinner to McDonalds (I think our first time). We'll definitely be visiting the pool again. (I don't know why the pictures are so dark, it was not dark inside.)

2. Book Baby: Every Tuesday and Thursday they do story time for babies at the library. We've been going at 10am (Scott gets to come) and I am so impressed. They give you a hand out of songs that we'll be singing, which is great for me at home. There are lots of other kids Brie's age and she is soooooo excited to see them all. We sing songs and read books and then there are bubbles and music and toys and books for us to read together with her at the end. Brie usually just wants to walk around and check everyone out, but that is good for her too.

3. Kindermusic: We started Kindermusic this week. I am really excited about it. It is a pretty pricey little class, so I babysat a family in our ward to make the money to pay for it. Brie and I went on Monday and were greeted by a teacher and a class of 8 other kids her age and their moms/dads. We sang and danced around the room. We have books and music to listen to at home also. Can't wait for class next week.

4. Vacuum Tag: This is an unofficial game, but a fun one all the same. Brielle used to be afraid of the vacuum cleaner. She would want me to hold her as I vacuumed. She is now much braver, but still a little unsure. The game now is to get as close as she possibly dares while I push the vacuum around and then when it gets too close she runs and hides - just like playing wave tag at the beach! What a great time.

7 comments:

Sarah A said...

We've started taking Aiden to the pool and he loves it too. But it absolutely wears him out. He always falls fast asleep during the five minute drive home. I figure since he still won't roll over or crawl yet, it is a good way for him to get at least a little exercise. I'll have to try story time as soon as he gets a little older, you've inspired me.

laura said...

The picts aren't showing up for me. Anyone else??? That swimming place we went to is SO fun. You are so lucky you live so close. And story time is one of my favorite things to do with toddlers. It's all fun and games until your little boy is 4 and the story lady herself has to break up a fight between he and another little 4 year old. We haven't been back in almost a year...

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get the pictures to come up, but the activities you do sound fun. I'm glad you are enjoying every minute with Brielle because little kids grow up so fast and before long would much rather be with friends than with parents. Ah! Those were the good old days even though they were very busy and tiring!

Teresa said...

No pictures here either.
You have found some wonderful ways to pass the winter months. It is so nice to come up with things to do when parks are not an option. All those things sound like lots of fun. Germans have tons of those indoor pools. One in about every city. We go as often as we can, and love it.

Alicia said...

I tried to fix it so that you can see the pictures. Someone let me know if they are appearing or not. Thanks.

laura said...

The picts are there now. Looks like fun!

Kam said...

Wow! I think the coolest thing about those activities is that Scott gets to come with you! Seriously, how fun is that for both of you to being enjoying toddler time with Brie!? Unlike the Germans and Americans, the English don't do kiddie pools very well... there's a nice lap pool nearby, and kids are welcome as long as they stay out of the way of any lappers! yikes.