Monday, February 19, 2007

My Girl

I am always amazed at how fast my baby is turning into a little toddler girl. She is learning new things so quickly and interested in discovering everything.

We used to have all of her books in her room, but she didn't notice them very much. Scott made a space in the front room for all of her books and it has made a huge difference. I do have to pick up a pile of books every few hours, but Brielle is so interested in looking at them that it is ok by me. All through the day she pulls books out to look at by herself, but usually to read with me. If I am sitting on the floor or couch she climbs right on top of me and sits herself in my lap with the book she's chosen. If I'm not in the room she comes to find me with a book to read. I love it. She definitely has her favorites that we read all the time.

This is Brie with her favorite book, wearing her favorite shoes (she loves shoes) and in her favorite out fit (she loves to be "free").

We opened a can of olives with dinner one night and of course Scott put one on each of Brielle's fingers. She thought it was the coolest and funniest thing to ever happen. She ate so many olives off of her fingers (made for an interesting diaper). Olives are now one of her favorite things to eat because they are just so funny! She laughs as soon as she sees them.
Brielle has also turned into quite the artist. She really likes to have a pen and paper and just draw. The drawings have not landed on the walls yet, but I'm afraid. We got her a magna doodle and she likes scribbling on that also. Here she is working hard on her drawing.
Brielle has discovered the fun of toilet papering! She took the whole roll of toilet paper through the bathroom and hallway and into her room for some fun. She spread it around the whole room and then started shredding it. What a good time!


Some of the other new things she has learned are to fold her arms for the prayer, to go get her shoes when I ask her, to point to her eye, nose, head, feet and toes and to twirl. What an amazing girl, huh?

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Totally cute! Didn't I tell you my theory? The day kids turn one you start to notice so much more mental development, as before it was mostly physical.
The toilet paper picture cracks me up, especially since it is the EXACT same one that Kamber has on her blog. That is too funny.

Kam said...

This is crazy! I just checked out your blog (wednesday p.m.) and low and behold, we have almost identical posts on the same day! It's like when we used to come out of our rooms wearing matching outfits without even planning it! how weird.

Sue said...

I love seeing Brielle, she is so cute and SO BUSY! I love that you are loving this stage of her life, what a fun time!

Anonymous said...

Brielle is growing up and learning so many new things. I bet she makes every day a joy for you.

laura said...

She is so cute! I swear age 1 to 2 is the busiest time. Maybe not the hardest- but busiest as in you can never sit while they are awake. They're curious and mobile with no common sense. Makes for a very active day. Maybe that's why they are so cute at this age- it's hard to get mad at such a cute little face.
PS Is that curl we see on the back of Brie's head???