Thursday, October 12, 2006

Picnic on the Creek

Brielle and I went up the canyon to Mill Creek today for a walk and a picnic. It is just right up the mountains behind our house. We had a fun time together. We went on a walk along the creek and looked at all the fallen leaves and the water in the creek. I thought I might get some cute fall pictures of Brielle, but funny thing, every time I put her down to take a picture a leaf or a rock was immediately in her mouth. After digging out a number of leaves and a few rocks, she stayed in the stroller and I gave up on pictures until she can learn what is for eating and what is not.

*Shoving the leaves in before I can get them out of her hands. Boy did she throw a fit when I took her delicious snacks away.*
*Now trying to get another rock in. They must be good!*
Thankfully, she didn't fill up on leaves and rocks and we were able to have a picnic by the creek. Brielle had a nice lunch of bits of ham, cheese and carrots and loved it all. I just really enjoyed being up the canyon. It is so pretty right now.
 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kam said...

What a fun idea! A picnic in the canyon! Funny that Brie was so into the rocks and leaves. That's just like Sam. We took her out to a castle last weekend, and all she wanted to do was eat the leaves and pull out the grass to chew on the dirty roots. sick. She mainly had to stay in the backpack carrier.

Sue said...

What gorgeous pictures! And more interesting because Brielle is doing something. I wonder why she likes leaves and rocks so much, maybe she is hitting a growth spurt.

Teresa said...

That sounds wonderful. What a wonderful place to have in your backyard. Brielle looks beautiful like always. Steve says he is not sure how he feels about her hairdo (not the bow, the lack of hair), but I had to remind him that is how all of us gorgeous Allred girls looked until we were 2. So she has a bright future of hair. haha