Monday, October 02, 2006

What a Conference Weekend

This general conference weekend was a fun one for sure. I always enjoy conference weekend, but most especially when we get to spend it with family. We started out Saturday morning with the morning session. It was funny to us to watch Brielle. She played and didn't much care about what was going on until the choir started singing. She dropped everything to come close to the TV to hear and watch them. She loved the singing. We missed the second session on Saturday (lucky for us it is on every day this week at noon) so that we could go to the University of Utah vs. Boise State football game. Scott was excited to go because it was his first U of U game this season and I was excited to go because it seemed to be a perfect day for it. I love a beautiful, fall, sunny day at a football game. Unfortunately, it was a little too sunny. It was so stinking hot in the bleachers!!! Brie won't keep a hat on her head and was tired so I spent the whole first half standing in the portal in the shade holding her while she slept. I was probably better off than those that were baking in their seats. We did alright through the third quarter but then a very funny thing happened . . . Boise State caught yet another interception and ran it back for a touchdown. The score was then 36 to 3, so Scott was ready to leave. He got to go to a Bratwurst party with his Dad and Brian before Priesthood session.
Sunday morning, Bryce arrived with his friend Karen at 9:00am. We had a delicious breakfast of eggs, bacon, hash browns, orange juice and toast. Yum! We then all watched the morning session together and I really enjoyed it. I liked Elder Nelson's talk of gathering Isreal the best.
In the afternoon, Bryce and Karen left to go to the Conference Center for the afternoon session and Evan arrived with his friend Mary. Brielle presented him with the log o' ground beef that would be used to grill hamburgers for lunch. I'm sure it weighed more than her. We grilled hamburgers and ate lunch together and then slept through, I mean watched intently, the afternoon session of conference.
It was all very good. We loved what we were able to learn this weekend (one of them being don't take a 9 month old to a football game) and that we got to spend time with Bryce and Evan. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sarah A said...

Well Alicia, you managed to make me a little homesick. I miss Sunday afternoons with you guys! But I'm glad you got to spend it with Bryce and Evan. I can't wait to see you in December.

Sue said...

It makes me happy whenever you kids get together and enjoy each other. Thanks Alicia and Scott for being the home away from home and feeding Bryce and Evan and having a home that they are happy to visit. We enjoyed having Laura and Brian and kids over and spending time with them, then going to their house in the evening for our weekly game night. We found if you play scrabble and Settlers at the same time it keeps your mind busy.

Anonymous said...

We love hearing about your family and the adventures you have. Fred and I watched conference on TV. Correction: I watched conference on TV, but Fred slept through most of each session. President Hinckley seems to be doing well both physically and mentally for age 96. I hope his health continues.

laura said...

I too love Conference weekend. It's good to see Bryce in your picts. I feel we got a little jipped with him. He came home, left again and hasn't come back. Utah looks beautiful. I think for the first time in the history of the world Bakersfield was colder than Utah this weekend. It rained- very lightly- for 4 hours on Sunday. It was great to be at Mom and Dad's, eating hot cinnamon rolls, watching conference and listening to the rain.

Anonymous said...

Great to hear what others did for conference weekend. I can empathize with Rama and Fred -- I enjoyed watching/listening... and sometimes sleeping. I love the picture of Brielle and Evan with the hamburger roll! Very cute!