Well, the last of the Buchanans have gone. As soon as my family left, the Buchanan families from Oregon and New York arrived and it was awesome to have them. We had a great time hanging out with Glenn, Renee, Alan and Laura. And I'm always happy to see cousins running wild together. We had so much fun with them.
Ariana was excited (after a week at our house) for her parents and sisters to join us. They stayed at our house, which I love, but I'm hoping they'll want to come back again. Two of the girls got sick (from us) and were throwing up and the same two also got attacked by hornets on our swing set. Sorry. We did manage to have some fun together though. We went to Incredible Pizza, rode the rides and ate all the pizza we could manage. Now I would say that makes up for any throw up or hornet stings, right?

Me trying to help Brie learn the line dance.


Scott and Brielle won first place in this race and I think Brielle wore the ribbon for the week straight afterward. So very proud.

While everyone was here we celebrated my birthday with backyard snow cones . . .

. . . and a few days later celebrated Fred's 79th birthday with a beautiful party in Brian and Rachel's backyard. So many people came to wish Fred a Happy Birthday. There were friends from church, the neighborhood and a lot of family. Bagpipers and a highland dancer even came to perform. It was quite the night. I hope he felt just how much we all love him.



Beautiful Rama with cutey Zachy. She is the one who gave him those gorgeous blue eyes.


The edible bouquet was a HIT! I think our girls ate half of the whole thing. That is a lot of melon, pineapple, strawberries and mango.



And then was a birthday celebration for Andrew (turning 3). Whenever Laura and Alan are in town we go with them to Kangaroo Zoo (bounce house). They LOVE it!!! Ava has been asking since Christmas to go back to "Kangaroo Hoo with Androo". Wish granted. Andrew had a jumping party at Kangaroo Zoo. They ran and jumped and ran and jumped . . . while we watched and talked! Perfect party Andrew.

Zachy loving his cousin Annabelle.

Then we went back to Laura's parents house for more jumping (on the trampoline and with fewer clothes this time), dinner and cupcakes. Brielle asked the next day if we could please just go live at Nana's house. I guess she had a good time.

And of course, there was a lot of fun times at their own Grandma and Papa's house. We spent our last day with the NY cousins reading books, playing games and going for more "fro yo"!
This is what I got when I tried to take a cute picture of Ava, Andrew and Brielle intently watching Uncle Alan set up his "Chain of Light" game. What sweet girls, huh?

What a nice aunt. All the kids piled on Aunt Laura for story after story.

We love it when they come and are sad they are gone. Until next summer.
2 comments:
We'll be back! You can't get rid of us that easily
That all sounds like sooo much fun (except for the hornets and puking.) What fun family times! The edible bouquet... oh. so. gorgeous. It looks absolutely delectable! That's what I want for my birthday next year, okay? ;)
Seriously, that's so neat that you all got to be together for Fred's birthday. He seems like such a special man. And I love the gorgeous picture of Rama and Zach. They're both beautiful, huh?
Post a Comment