The Gardens - I really am so impressed with the gardens. They are beautiful. And, of course, I have girls who get giddy over all those lovely flowers! We start out playing in the Noah's Ark water sculpture and visiting the Children's Discovery Gardens. Love it.
Tuesday, September 07, 2010
Two Buck Tuesdays!
Thanksgiving Point offers all of it's venues for only two dollars each Tuesday in August. This is great for people like me who don't want to pay the full price (and have no interest in the crowded Dinosaur Museum). We take full advantage of Two Buck Tuesdays. We waited until school had started for everyone else and then went to the Gardens one week and the Farm the next. Both were really pretty days and we had a lot of fun spending THE WHOLE DAY there.
The Gardens - I really am so impressed with the gardens. They are beautiful. And, of course, I have girls who get giddy over all those lovely flowers! We start out playing in the Noah's Ark water sculpture and visiting the Children's Discovery Gardens. Love it.
Rolling down and then running up the huge hill in front of the waterfall. I did not attempt to roll down this time. Not after the pure sickness and dizziness that hit me last time.

On to visit our favorite gardens. The carousel.
The Butterfly.

The entrance to The Secret Garden. A favorite.



The Italian Gardens.

The Farm - The farm is a fun day for little kids. We started with lunch at the Thanksgiving Point deli. Delish! The kids downed mini corn dogs.
They started out in the farm building learning about milking cows, feeding farm animals, watching baby chicks, planting/picking fruits and vegetables and playing games.



Then out to the barnyard to see horses, cows, llamas, goats, chickens, etc. Fascinating. The best part for both the girls was getting to ride the ponies. Ava was even brave enough to hop on with no problem. I was so surprised and so proud. Brielle just kept checking underneath each pony to make sure she got a girl and not one with "that thing hanging down". 



After hours of playing at the farm we went to the ice cream shop for 50 cent ice cream cones. Perfect! They, especially Zachary, thoroughly enjoyed them . . . from head to toe. 

Thank heaven for two buck Tuesdays. Good times.
The Gardens - I really am so impressed with the gardens. They are beautiful. And, of course, I have girls who get giddy over all those lovely flowers! We start out playing in the Noah's Ark water sculpture and visiting the Children's Discovery Gardens. Love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What an exciting day for all of you! The pictures are beautiful and so are the children--each one happy and smiling.
Those gardens are beautiful! Both days look great! We will have to plan a trip in August next year.
Looks like so much fun! We'll be doing that for sure next August!!!
That looks like soooo much fun! I've been to Thanksgiving Point, several years ago, but that looks sooo much nicer than I remember it. Maybe they've really added to it? How fun! The ice cream looks delicious right now, too. And the Italian gardens... spectacular!
Post a Comment