We are back at it. When everyone else was starting up with school and a normal routine, we were still going with summertime. Well, not anymore. Summer time fun is over and I'm getting everyone ready in the morning and driving to preschool, Kindermusik and ballet classes.
This is the treat I made for the Primary kids the Sunday before they started school - a red apple, a #2 pencil and a note to say good luck.
Brielle started Pre-school again with Ms. Chris. She LOVES Ms. Chris and all of her friends at school. She is so happy to be back. Brie goes to school Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 12:45 - 3:00. She's right back to practicing writing her letters and numbers and writing pretend letters to friends that we then go hand deliver. I am glad she enjoys pre-school so much and gets a much needed break from being at home.

Brielle also started ballet class again. She is right back to her old tricks of watching herself in the mirror instead of her teacher as she does her own "shake your booty" kind of dance. Today she was really rockin out and had all the parents watching through the window cracking up. One day maybe she'll follow the teacher.


Ava also started ballet class this year. At first I thought there was no way she was going to go in that class without me and stay happily. I had already given up when she decided she DID want to be a ballerina after all and absolutely LOVES her ballet/tap class. She is so happy every time it is her turn to go to class and dance. And yes, she follows the teacher very closely.

Ava is also starting Kindermusik again with Ms. Teresa. She gets to go to a class all by herself for most of the time and then Zach and I will join her. I can't wait to see her in Kindermusik again. I've never seen her enjoy herself more than in this class. Love it.

Zach is continuing to tear our house apart faster than I can put it together. If I am loading the dishwasher, he is climbing onto the door and unloading it starting with sharp knives first. If I am folding laundry, he is tearing apart the piles. If I am cleaning up the kitchen (like this morning), he is in the bathroom splashing in the toilet water. Water that Brielle forgot to flush!

I realize now that I took a summer vacation from my usual stuff too. I started to look around and notice just how dirty things were. So, I got right back to making my lists and planning with myself and getting things done around here. It feels so much better. My current list:

And to top it all off, the neighborhood kids are back to their Friday night fun of kicking in our fence panels. We came home one night and found this. It is the 3rd or 4th time it has happened since living here. Nothing could make Scott more mad. He is always listening for noises outside now, ready to run after and pounce on any kid he might see. He has had a couple of ideas of how to prevent this prank. 1.) Get a pit bull.
I say no. 2.) Glue shards of glass to the top of the fence like in South America. So when they hold on to the top to kick they get all cut up.
I don't know. But watch out if you ever make too much noise by our fence.
4 comments:
Great post, Brielle looks so grown up! I wonder if you put a big light in your backyard lighting up the sidewalk if that would help the fence situation, or a motion detector light. Haggin Oaks park had drug problems for years until someone thought to turn the sprinklers on at 10:00 pm and let them go through their pattern - I was told it has really helped. It may just take the right idea.
Brielle kills me. I would love to watch her practice her dance(and I am in love with that flower in her hair). And I love Zachary, tearing through the house, destroying everything. You got your boy!
I don't get the fence thing. What is the point of kicking it in? Is it easier than a wood fence? I'm with Scott on the glass. Teach someone a lesson.
I enjoyed the update. Please buy Allyson some Sucko cards from me and I will pay you in St. George.
How fun! I love that Brielle's preschool is in the afternoons. How perfect -- I am envious, that would make my preggie naps so much easier to come by! I love all her funny poses. Take a video of her dance class... sounds hilarious.
Ava's a cutie. I love that she gets so excited about "her" classes. That's GREAT!
And Zachary... ah, what a fun stage, eh? If our babe hasn't arrived before then, we're rooting for her to share birthdays with him. :)
The fence... my blood is boiling for you and Scott. Terrible!!
Post a Comment