Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fathers and Sons . . . . . and daughters!

Our Fathers and Sons camp out was last weekend. It was a beautiful weekend, perfect for camping. I was so totally jealous that Scott got to go up into our canyon and eat dinner made in a fire, make s'mores, sleep in a tent outside listening to the river and the trees, wake up in a forest and eat Eggs In A Frame for breakfast. But, of course, I am not invited on the fathers and sons camp out and neither are the girls . . . . but we crashed it anyway. Kind of.

Scott got off of work early and we all went up to the camp site to hang out, set up, play in the tent, walk around by the river, climb rocks, etc. until all the others arrived for the camp out. I was then going to head home with the kids and Scott could host the fathers and their sons. One father came with his two boys that are Brie and Ava's age. We stayed to play with them. No one else was showing up so we decided the girls could stay with their friends. I ran home for sleeping bags and pajamas and food supplies, came back for a s'more and took just my little Zachy home for the night. he girls did quite well in the tent up in the canyon with Scott. They came home happy and smelling of smoke with bellies full of Eggs In A Frame. What could make you happier? So glad they got to join in the camp out.

1 comment:

Roger said...

I AM SURE THAT IS NOT LEGAL! The eggs in a frame look delicious.