Thursday, September 23, 2010

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Today is officially the first day of fall. And now that we are fully into fall mode with school, etc. I thought I would do the typical back to school report of summer vacation. I want to remember the fun we had. I am just like a kid in school when it comes to summer. I don't know why, maybe because I know what winter is like. I honestly make my list at the beginning of summer of all the things I want to do, places I want to go, etc. I check off my list as we go. As we get toward the end of August I really do start to get frantic. So sad that summer is ending and NEEDING to get it all in before it's all over. Crazy I know. I've tried to control myself.

1. Wheeler Farm. We love Wheeler Farm. We always go in the spring to see the new baby chicks, sheep, cows, and other animals. Then we go through the summer when we need a day out. We take a picnic lunch, ride the tractor ride, feed the ducks and geese. There was also a lot of drinking out behind the barn by one Ava Buchanan.
The poser.
The drinker caught with the bottle behind the barn.Just happy to see a cow.2. Swimming. Of course we jump at any chance to go swimming. Greg and Cindy are nice enough to invite us to their pool every once in awhile. Zachy was so happy floating around in that water that he actually fell asleep and had a good watery snooze. Ahhh, the lazy days of summer huh?We also got in our suits a few times to go to the water fountains right outside of Scott's work. Brielle LOVED putting on a show to the music they play in time to the water.
3. The Zoo. We have an annual pass to the zoo here. It is just the right thing for an outing in the morning. The kids have fun seeing the animals, we eat a packed lunch and then head home before it is too hot.4. Friends. We live in a place that almost everyone we know at some point passes through. They all come in the summer time. So we get to have little visits with friends all summer long as they are here on vacation. It's a great perk to living in Utah. This summer we got to see the Tim and Becky Wilson family. Yahoo!The girls also got to have plenty of "play dates" with their friends and cousins at our house. This is when Anne and Aiden spent the day with us. Here Brielle is "the loveliest of all the mermaids" and the ones behind her are "just regular mermaids". She even made them all sing/hum Ariel's song from "The Little Mermaid". Poor Aiden.
5. Birthday Parties. Every single one of the girl's friends has a birthday in the summer. They got to go to a lot of fun birthday parties. Ava went to her very first. She was SO EXCITED that she got to go to her very own friend's birthday party (and not Brielle) and even dress up like a princess.6. At Home. Of course, with a napping baby, there is also a lot of time spent at home. They have to entertain themselves while I am showering somehow, right?A special breakfast made by Daddy.
We had a great summer! Now bring on the snow so I don't have to weed anymore.

1 comment:

Kam said...

Looks like lots of fun! I need to do a post like yours, only mine will just be packed with family reunions. I love Wheeler Farm, looks like you guys had some fun times there! And Scott's creative breakfast pancakes are AWESOME! how fun!

I love the pics of Zach and Ava with the pads... ha! One time my little bro, Trent, came into my room when he was 7 or 8, and had those pads plastered all up and down his legs. He called out to me and a whole group of teenage girl cousins, "Hey Kam! Look at these funky bandaids!!" We all laughed at him so hard he got really embarrassed and ran away, having no clue what he had done wrong. Still funny to me.