Thursday, May 08, 2008

Such A Girl!

Brielle is such a girly girl! I don't know where it all comes from. She certainly has all of that girliness innately in her. It is hilarious to me to see it all come out.

1. Brie always wants to wear a dress. If she gets to wear a dress, she walks around saying how beautiful she looks. She twirls and dances and says she is a princess. Sundays are a hit at our house because she gets to wear a dress.

2. She now also only wants to wear nightgowns. She LOVES them (I hate them). She has two silky little numbers that she always wants on. I get her dressed for the day, we go out and then when it is nap time she has to slip into her silky little nightgown. 4. Brie has been asking to have her nails painted. We went to the store and she got to choose nail polish. We came away with pink and sparkly. She was THRILLED to get her fingernails and toenails done.

Afterward she said (direct quotes):
"I'm so pretty and pink and sparkly!"
"I'm waiting for my prince to come home. My prince daddy."
Holding her nightgown out to one side she said, "You put your hand on your dress like this and twirl."

Where does she learn this stuff? 5. The girl changes outfits at least five times a day. She gets dressed and hair done in the morning and then through the day she strips down and puts a new combination of apparel on over and over again. She's always most excited to put something of mine on or to put her swim suit on or a princess dress. (Thus explaining, kind of, why she is wearing Ava's polka dot bikini top in the pictures above. ????)
6. Brie loves to put EVERYTHING to song. She knows all the words to little rhymes like Mary Had a Little Lamb, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Little Miss Muffet, and Little Boy Blue but if you ask her to repeat them she immediately goes into opera singing. She does this even with the ABC song and especially with Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. She closes her eyes a little, gets a serious look on her face, tilts her head, waves her hands a little and sings very high pitched opera.

7. She is an emotional roller coaster. She can be so happy and sweet and cute one minute and the next she is on the floor kicking and screaming and crying. At that point she goes up to her bed to cry for a while and then comes downstairs to tell me she is happy again. She is figuring out emotions, she has just started telling me when things make her/us happy and what things make us sad.

8. Brie is soooooo determined to do EVERYTHING by herself! This morning we took forever getting her dressed because I was told to sit on the bed while she gazed into the closet saying, "Hmmmm. What should I wear?" She finally chooses something, but I can't help her put it on, she has to do it herself. She was lookin' quite interesting as we headed out today, but I let her wear what she chose and tried not to care. She wants to change her own pull-up, get in her car seat herself, sing a song herself, say a prayer herself, etc. The list goes on. All I hear from her is "I do it myself."

9. She is such a daddy's girl. She waits for daddy to come home and is so excited when he does. She wants to be with daddy and do everything with daddy. She asks for him every morning and is sad when the answer is that he is at work. The girl loves her daddy.10 Brie loves to take care of other kids. She loves to be the mommy to Ava and try to feed her or tickle her or play with her. She gets right in her face and talks such baby talk to her. She does the same to any other child or animal we see. "Hi sweety pie. Hi my bugaboo boo. Ticka ticka ticka." The best was yesterday when we were at a bounce house for play group. One of the older and bigger girls couldn't get up the stairs of a huge, tall blow up slide. So Brie went running up saying, "Don't worry Kenlee. I coming to help you. Don't worry. You can do it. I coming!"

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the bathing suit! She is just so cute. I love the pictures of Ava as well. I just laugh at how "pretty and pink" your girls are. I just knew you had it in you!

Sue said...

What a beautiful tribute to Brielle! I love seeing her personality through your eyes. She really is a cutey. It will be interesting to see how she reacts when she reads this as a young adult, and how she changes.

Kam said...

How hilarious and darling! It's so interesting to see their little personalities come through. Who knew our Alicia would have such a pretty pretty princess girl?! She is so very cute... could probably teach Samantha a thing or two. Just today at a party, two or three people told me "Sam is a little independent tom boy, isn't she?" I wouldn't exactly clal her that, but I do think it's amazing how they come prewired.

Dunn Family said...

Brie is so hilarious!! I love it. I wish we got to see her and you all more often. There is not reason why, we should just get together.

Buchanan House said...

Brielle is so cute and so grown-up. I love the way she looks after Ava when they are both here. She's a very good big sister.

Teresa said...

Sounds like she has got a fun personality. I can't wait until August when I can experience it first hand. I hope the boys don't rough her up too much. :)

Anonymous said...

What happened to #3?