Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I am totally lovin Mother's Day more and more each year. This year was great again. It is nice to have this day to remind me of how grateful I am to be a mother and how much I really love it. Scott does special things for me to show me his appreciation and even Brie kind of got it this year. She made me a card and told me "Happy Mother's Day, mommy."

We got to start our celebration on Saturday night with Scott, Brian (brother) and Fred (dad) taking all of us moms and our kids out to dinner. We then went to Scott's parents house and Rama let us go at her edible arrangement. Delicious!! It was fun to be together.

On Sunday we had to wake up and quickly eat and get ready for 9:00 am church. I don't think Moms should have to go to 9:00 am church on Mother's Day. If we are supposed to be given a break, that is not it. Thankfully, we were given chocolate, so that made it better.

After church Scott made me french toast with strawberries. Exactly what I wanted. It was so good. I then got to take a long nap. That would have been gift enough, but there were more. Scott gave me a new CD, a trip to Color Me Mine to paint Ava's feet on a plate like we did Brie's, Hot Tamales and the aforementioned spa treatment.

We had dinner with Scott's mom and dad. Scott had done the grocery shopping and prep work and took it all over to their house and made us an awesome dinner! My favorite sandwich - tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil pesto on focaccia bread and a mixed greens salad with a vinaigrette that he made. YUM!

Brie helped Mommy by feeding Ava.
Brie painted and made this card for grandma.Scott and his dad preparing dinner.
Rama and I enjoying our Mother's Day dinner. Thank you Scott.

2 comments:

laura said...

That sandwhich is my very favorite thing to eat too. How did Scott prepare it? It sounds like a great day for you. The girls look so cute. And my favorite part of your pictures... Fred's shirt.

Buchanan House said...

It was a great Mother's Day! The meals were delicious. My family spoils me.