Saturday, May 17, 2008

Finally Found What I've Been Looking For

We have lived in Utah for almost 4 years now. Crazy to think, I know. I have finally discovered MY FAVORITE restaurant in Utah. As I was telling Sarah and Landon tonight, Utah is the capitol of chains. Scott and I don't like going to the same place all the time and especially if it is a chain restaurant. We seek out the unique, the local, the authentic . . . the dive.

Yesterday we drove to Ogden for a soccer match. We've never gone up there, so as we were driving home we were looking for a cool, local place to eat. We found it!! It is on Main St. in Layton, Utah and is called Gabor Brothers. It was AWESOME!!! It was definitely a cool, small, "divey" type place. There was just enough room to fit three tables and three booths. The menu was amazing. Scott had seafood scampi that was FILLED with scallops, mussels, clams, king crab and shrimp. It was so good. I had a delicious pasta primavera that had a nice light olive oil and tons of every kind of veggie. (I know, I had you Randi and now I've lost you.)

It was just the best place. Great atmosphere, cool people, good music, incredible food, decent prices. Who would have thought we'd find all this on Main St. in Layton. Hallelujah!

3 comments:

Buchanan House said...

Sounds great! I'm always interested in food. Too bad it's so far from us. Or maybe it's good it's not closer so I won't eat more than I should. Congratulations Scott on passing your test last week! Now that is really awesome!!!

Turner said...

I'm so happy for you, really. Finding a great eatery is a lifelong quest for me too. We'll definitley have to make it a double date to go there together (many times to come).
mmmm....breadsticks...mmm

Teresa said...

Yay for great food! Especially in the USA! :-)