Thursday, January 10, 2008

Never Thought I'd See The Day

I never thought I would see the day when a daughter of mine would be dressed up in a University of Utah cheerleader outfit and yelling "Go Utes!" and "Yeah Utah!". I never thought this would happen because I promised myself I would never live in Utah and I promised myself I would never marry a University of Utah graduate. Well, there I sat last night right here in Utah at the U of U basketball game with my U of U graduate husband and my own daughter dressed as a U of U cheerleader cheering on the Utah Utes!! And I loved it! I am so happy I gave in.Brie got this cheerleader outfit from "her Allyson" and was so excited to wear it to the game. She had a great time because we brought plenty of snacks and there was plenty of room to run around. She liked cheering when Scott cheered and was totally enthralled with watching the cheerleaders - well, because she thought she was one of course. Thanks Allyson!

P.S. I also said I would never marry a democrat and here I am married to one of the few democrats in the state of Utah! What?

7 comments:

the House of Payne said...

Posted by . . . Scott? Now that's the real surprise in all this.

Buchanan House said...

What about Utah State? Go Aggies! Love the outfit--such a cute cheerleader, even if she is at the U.

A, M and S said...

Nice page re-do. The red (crimson?) works so well with the Utah theme. However, should you really be promoting cheerleading?
R

Kam said...

this is shameful and shocking, Alicia. I have nothing more to say on the subject. (Except maybe that Brie sure looks cute, all dolled up.)

oh yes, and I also like the red page background change. Although, I like to think it's for the ALLRED in you, rather than the converted Ute fan.

Roger said...

WHAT!?!?!?!?!
A UTE!?!?!?!?!
A DEMOCRAT!?!?!?!?!

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

GET THAT KID SOME BLUE!

GO COUGARS1

Todd and Anna said...

A Utah Man sir, will be 'till I die!!! Good job Scott and Alicia on teaching her the important things in life while she is young.....

Go Utes!

Teresa said...

Al- I am loving the blogs and apologize for the lack of comments. I feel like I am always holding baby B when I check your blog.
Sorry about the sleep problem. I really wish I knew what to tell people about getting their kids to sleep. I do think that Brie is just going through a sleep pattern change though. It will smooth out, even if there are no more naps for her.
I also think it is great that Scott has someone to cheer with. Since he hasn't had that boy yet, now he won't feel so bad. It's not like Brie can't have a BYU cheerleading outfit too. Sometimes it is nice to check out things from our husbands side of the fence.