Friday, January 25, 2008

Blog to Book

The project I've been wanting desperately to do has begun. I say right here on my blog that this is our family journal. And it is. I am not a scrapbooker. It turns out blogging is a perfect way for me to tell the stories of our lives and show the pictures that go along. It is also a great way for family (especially far away family) and friends to keep in touch with us.

I've worried though that all of this is only online. I wanted a printed version to look at in years to come. Well, I've found the way to do it. And the process has begun. I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited!! I can't wait to see how my books turn out.

I went to blurb.com and downloaded their Booksmart program. Within about 10 minutes every post and every picture I've ever put on my blog were loaded into the program and into the layout of a book that I can print a hard or soft cover of. Sweet! The hard part now is going through each page and editing the size of the text, the layout of pictures, the dates, etc. But in the end I will have my blog printed and bound into a book. I'm working on doing one for each year. I'm thrilled!

5 comments:

Buchanan House said...

That is so wonderful! But can we still see and read each blog when you first post it on the computer before the pictures and comments are printed into the book and disappear? I will really miss looking at them whenever I want to.

Amber said...

what a great idea, I think I will have to do the same thing. Thanks for sharing.

Jeni said...

Thanks for sharing this tid-bit! I was worried about losing all my info to cyberspace as well and was going to start printing them out on my *new* color printer, but didn't want to use the ink b/c the cartridges are freaking expensive....so, this is a great alternative! Also, I talked to Randi Jo last night...man, I miss all ya'll!

A, M and S said...

I made a book for my family using Blurb and was very happy with they way it turned out. Have fun, and don't sweat the small stuff.
R

Cicely said...

That is awesome! As soon as I get some more blogs under my belt, I am totally doing it.

Thanks for the great idea!
-Cicely Cain