Along with having a half birthday came a visit to the doctor. Luckily, the doctor is Uncle Brian and Brielle is always very excited to see him, get a sticker and a toy turtle. This was Brie's first time back to the doctor since she was 12 months and we were very interested to see how she had progressed in the weight category. Dr. Brian checked her heart and lungs and all sounded good. He said she is meeting all of her milestones. Great. Then she was weighed and she still hasn't reached 20 lbs.!!!! She weighs 19 lbs. 8 oz. Her height is 31 1/4".
Brie has always been on the low end of the weight chart, but has gone from the 7th percentile to the 5th to the 3rd and now is in the 1st percentile. She is now off the chart. So, we could either wait until her 2 year old check up to see how she is growing or do a work up now to see if there is some reason (thyroid, cystic fibrosis, etc.) for her low weight or if she is just small. I decided I'd like to do the work up so that I know all is well and that she is just a small girl. This decision also comes because Brie has a cousin, Connor, who does have Cystic Fibrosis. We are not that worried. I'm sure all is fine, but we'll go have the blood and sweat test just to make sure. Then I can really just be grateful that while I am pregnant and hot I have a small girl to carry around.
Brie also got three shots. She looked shocked on the first two and then cried on the last. The crying was soon over and we went to get ice cream afterward. The picture above is of Brie showing her two band aids while out on the deck helping Scott grill our baby back ribs. She loves the band aids. She looks at them, points, laughs and claps her hands.

1 comment:
Holy cow. She is small. But, in my unprofessional opinion- I think she is just petite. Look at her parents- they aren't huge people. I would be surprised to hear that a girl as happy, active, healthy and developmentally on track as her had anything wrong.
Keep us posted.
Post a Comment