We had such a fun filled Father's Day and I only got pictures of the first hour of it. It was a great day for the father in our home - Scott. He woke up and Brie was so excited to show him the present she got for him. He has wanted a new cordless drill for years and he finally got one. It is part of a set that also includes a circular saw and some other gadgets.
Don't tell Brie, but Scott actually got to get out his drill early. We opened it Saturday to use on our first project at our new house. As Scott checked out each tool, I think he actually teared up. He was SOOOOOOO EXCITED!! We took the drill to the house on Saturday and removed all 60 of the kitchen cabinet handles and replaced them with silver ones. Here are pictures of our first completed project:
Before:
After: (I also included our new fridge)
I made Scott the Allred favorite "eggs in a frame" for breakfast. Delicious!
We got to go to a Father's Day lunch at Brian and Rachel's house and celebrate with them and Fred and Rama and Rachel's family. As always, it was really fun and there was a wonderful spread of food. We then all went to church and the dads got to wear their ties that the kids puff painted for them. After church we went to our friend's house for dinner. We grilled steaks and chicken and had twice baked potatoes and salad. YUM! Brielle got to play with Zoey, one of her best friends, and had a fantastic time.
I am so grateful for the wonderful father that Scott is. I am happy to raise our girls with him. He is fun and playful and also so loving. I am also incredibly grateful for a good father-in-law. I enjoy my talks with him and his insights on so many topics. I've always been and always will be so glad that I was blessed with the dad that I was. He has taught me so much. He has always set a good example and always tried to teach me correctly. I appreciate all he has done and continues to do for me as a daughter. I feel very blessed to have these men in my life.
6 comments:
That is such a cute picture of Scott hugging his sweet little daughter Brielle. I'm so glad that he found such a wonderful wife and has such a darling little girl. Thank you, Alicia, for all you do for them and for us. The refrigerator looks very nice and also the handles on the kitchen cabinets and drawers. Lots of happiness to all of you in your new home.
I have to say, I think I'm most envious of that fridge/freezer. Wow! That is gorgeous and enormous!! I also love Scott's nice morning hair. Cute. And the power drill looks awesome!! Way to go, keeping up with the blogs despite such busyness!
1. I am very jealous that Scott got such a sweet hug from Brie.
2. I am very jealous that Scott has cooler tools than me.
3. I am very jealous that Scott got eggs in a frame on Sunday.
4. I am very jealous that Scott got to wear a puff paint tie to church.
5. I am very jealous that Scott gets to spend so much time with my wonderful daughter. She was our experimental child, you know.
6.I am very jealous that Scott installed all those beautiful new gold and white cabinet handles. They look great and I can't wait to see them.
We uninstalled the gold handles and installed silver. The gold were horrible!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, then I am very jealous that Scott has a bag of beautiful new gold and white cabinet handles that can be used when the Buchanan's taste matures from the silver level to the gold level. Think of the Olympics...
Wow! You got all the kitchen cabnets done in one day.. It looks great! It took me about 6 months after I bought the nobs/handles for my hubby to install them, and then another forever to finish. We just intalled the final nobs after... I would say it has been over 1 year since I bought them. Oh well they are done know. I can't wait to come see your new home.
Post a Comment