Friday, June 15, 2007

Packing Up and Movin' Out


The deal is done. Scott and I went to the title company yesterday and signed the papers to close on our new house. (For those of you who have closed on a house before, you remember how many papers there are to sign. Well, lucky for us, because the seller wanted to do seller financing, we have no closing costs and only signed about 5 papers!) As of this morning, it is funded and recorded and the house is ours. We are so excited! The house is beautiful, it's big, the neighborhood is great and everything feels perfect! To celebrate we went out this evening and spent $2,000 to buy a refrigerator, washer and dryer. Oh, the fun of moving into a new house. You start all over and it is pricey!

We have most of our old house packed up. Things are pretty messy around here. We are going to do some painting and stuff tomorrow and then we move all of our furniture and boxes on Tuesday. Wish us luck!

I took pictures of our old house so that we would remember it and thought I would share them. There are also a few of our new house. You'll be able to see what I am up against. I am going from a house with every wall painted, a very cool and contemporary kitchen and everything decorated and done to a house that is ALL neutral. I will take care of that beige everywhere really quick. I'm excited to get started.

Our front room:


Our bedroom:

Brielle's bedroom:



Our kitchen:

Our bathroom: (we love the slate all around the tub)

Our dining room: And now, presenting the new house:

New front room: (We LOVE this room. It has high vaulted ceilings, it's big, it has plantation shudders with lots of light. It's going to be great!)

New kitchen: (Quite a difference, huh? Look at all that those cupboards! It's huge! It has just been remodeled, so there are brand new cabinets and appliances. There are even two ovens.)

New dining area: (This is part of the kitchen. The french doors go out to the deck in the backyard.)

New family room: (This will be a great room for the girls to play in while I am in the kitchen. I want to contemporize it a little bit. This is the "before picture". Be watching for the "after picture" when I am done with the project.)

Brielle's new room:
We finally get to have a master bathroom! Yahoo!:

We also have a basement with a bedroom that will be the guest room. Everyone is welcome! Please come see us and stay with us in our new home. And as Scott says, bring some furniture and a paint brush!

10 comments:

Steve said...

That was great to see both houses, since I never did get to see the old one. You are an amazing decorator. I really wish I had at list a hint of that talent. The new house looks HUGE! It looks really modern, and new. I hope we get to come visit you there sometime. Great choice on your new home.

Teresa said...

P.S.- that was Teresa talking. I caught that Steve was logged in to late.

laura said...

Sarah said the other day that she can't wait to see what you do with the new house. I must agree. Your old house is just so great. I love how open the new one is. And I love the chair rail on Brielle's wall. Good luck on all the upcoming work- remember, more bathrooms mean more cleaning.

Anonymous said...

Brielle looks so old!!! It makes me so sad to see your house getting packed up. Me and Landon were both sad to hear that you sold it- we have great memories of sunday dinners at that house. Good luck with moving- I can't wait to see your new house!!

Sue said...

YAY! Both houses look great! I love the old house and am excited to see what you do with the new one. I am so happy that the deal is done and you can move in before you are closer to having Eva. What a fun time, enjoy your new neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard to leave the first house behind, but "A canna sell the cou an sup the milk."
And, as far as the new home goes, "Haud Taggie by the tail."

Kam said...

what is your dad saying? Must be an inside joke. Anyway, goodbye old Buchanan house. It looks FAB in the pictures... Now the pressure's on for out-doing yourself in the new house. I'm sooo excited we'll get to be some of your first visitors. yay!!

Anonymous said...

Looks great Alicia! You will not know what to put in all the cabnet space! That is how I was when we moved into a house with a lot more cabnets, But shortly found some junk to put in them.
-Have fun and where is the front of the house?

the House of Payne said...

Nice house!

Anonymous said...

I found it...Dah