
Brielle turned 18 months or 1 1/2 years on Monday. We've said, since she was born on Christmas day, we would celebrate her half birthday too. I think this will be more fun and more necessary when she has friends that she wants to have a little party with. She can have a summer party, instead of trying to round up friends on Christmas. That could get tough. We decided to have our half birthday celebration this year because the poor girl is suffering in the toys department. She's got nothing and really only gets a new toy from us or grandparents one day out of the year.
So on Monday (June 25) we did some celebrating. We had dinner together when Scott got home from work and then went to Toys R' Us. Running through the store was all she really needed. Brie had a great time there checking out all of the toys. We had decided to get her a new summer toy though, so we got her a Little Tikes swing set. We came home and set it up in our family room so that we don't have to play on it in 100 degree weather outside. She was excited to watch it being set up, but was also BEGGING to go to bed. So instead of cake and ice cream, Brie got a half birthday bowl of jelly bellies and was surprised in the morning when she found Dad had finished setting the whole thing up. I hope it was a very happy half birthday for little Brie!

Brie eating her bowl of jelly bellies and watching Scott set up her new toy.

The next morning when she found it all set up and ready to play on.


I also took some other pictures of Brie on her half birthday because she was cracking me up all day.

Brie at breakfast. She loves to have toast, but not because she eats the bread. She only uses the bread to get to eat straight butter, cream cheese or jam. She leaves the bread and just licks the good stuff off. She also likes to have a book to look at while she eats.

After breakfast I changed Brie's diaper. I went to clean up and came into the room to find her "diapering" bear. She got out the changing pad and had bear on top of a diaper and was applying Desitin.

Brie wanted a snack and just kept pointing to cupboards. I opened the canned veggies, etc. cupboard and she yelled out "CORN!". So she got a bowl of corn. She climbed in the shower just after I got out and sat in the water REALLY enjoying her delicious snack while I got ready.

I guess turning 18 months gave the girl all kinds of new abilities. We had orange chicken and rice for dinner. Brie insisted that she use chop sticks. I can't even use chop sticks!

We went to the zoo yesterday. I thought Brie would be so excited to see the animals that she imitates the sounds of and hears about in books. Mostly, she just stared in absolute shock and amazement! It was so fun.
6 comments:
Alicia Ann! These pictures are DARLING, and Brielle's little antics sound hilarious. Happy Half Birthday, Brie, you cutie! Can't wait to see you guys... tomorrow night! Speaking of, please, please email us some directions to your house, okay? We should be online until about noon tomorrow, I think. Or you can send to Brian's work email and he can check them on his blackberry, kay? Thanks!
Brielle is such a darling little girl and so grown up already. I loved playing with her yesterday. She is so smart and knows lots of words and was so cute dancing to the tape and playing hide-and-seek. I'm going to have to get some new toys at my house for girls to enjoy. For some reason all my toys are the kind that little boys like. And 3/4 of my grandchildren are girls. Let's go shopping.
I love the pictures! What a character she is!!
What a great idea for her, I am sure she will always love that plan.
I think she's a Buchanan, more than a Todorojo.
Post a Comment