Thursday, June 07, 2007

Putting off Packing

Peter Brienholt, Ryan Schuppe and band playing at the concert.

We certainly should be packing to move, but instead we have had some really fun days and haven't even started packing. I'll start today, I promise. On Friday evening we got to go on a double date with our good friends Greg and Cindy to the Rodizio Grill. Boy, that is a lot of meat!! Saturday we made an offer on a house, it was accepted and we drove Fred and Rama out to see it. We also took them out to dinner to thank them for watching Brielle so much while I went house hunting. Sunday evening we watched the Red Sox vs. Yankees game at our friends Cory and Danae's house. They have a one year old daughter, Zoey, who Brie loved playing with. Well, she mostly loved all of her toys. Monday night we went to the new Ikea that just opened in Draper for FHE. We had swedish meatballs and walked through the maze of stuff at Ikea. Tuesday night Brielle and I met Scott after work to go to a concert at the Gallivan Center. It is an outdoor arena and Peter Brienholt (a Utah favorite) was playing for free. We brought a picnic, ate our dinner and Scott and I listened to the concert on the grass while Brielle ran around with all the "big kids". Wednesday night we had Scott's family (Fred, Rama, Brian, Rachel, Annabelle, Clara and Henry) over for dinner. It was so fun. We had lasagna, garlic bread, salad and Marie Callender's pie! Yum. It's always fun to have them over, but I'm glad we will soon have more space to host them. We've decided to do Wednesday Buchanan Night. Should be fun.

Here are some pictures from Brie's fun at the concert. It was a great night!

Brielle and Scott on our GREAT new picnic blanket that Teresa gave us in Germany.


When we stopped at Scott's work to meet all of his new coworkers, one of them gave Brielle these leis. She loved them and wore them proudly.

We didn't get to just sit and enjoy the concert for long. Brie found this fun swinging trick to do and I was afraid she was going to slip and land her head right on the concrete. So, I'm standing close by.

Brielle got a new monkey back pack/leash. She is IN LOVE with this monkey. She has worn him everywhere since she got him. Surprise, she doesn't like the leash part too much. The only thing she keeps in her back pack right now are her sunglasses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, that little Brielle is surely a cutie. What a lot of fun things you have been doing. That's what summertime is for.

Kam said...

I am in love with that monkey backpack... coveting it for Sammie as I write. Soooo cute! And the sunglasses are gorgeous! I'm amazed she leaves them on. I'm also quite envious you got to see Brienholt! oh how I miss Utah sometimes. looks like fun times. now, get packing!!