Friday, March 30, 2007

KIDSONGS - All Night Long!!!

When my sisters and I were little we watched the Kidsongs videos and we LOVED them. We would sing along and loved watching the kids in the video dance and sing. I got some of the DVDs for Brielle at Christmas time and she loves them too. Once she hears the singing and sees the dancing she can't keep her eyes off of the TV (especially the one about dogs).

Well, we are all a little sick and tired of Kidsongs right now!!!

Yesterday, Brielle started acting kind of sick. She was grumpy and whiny and really tired. She was also pretty hot, so she was getting ibuprofen every 6 hours. We were at Brian and Rachel's house last night and Brian checked her ears just to see if an ear infection was the problem. Nope, they looked good. We came home and she went down for bed perfectly at 7:30pm - only to wake up again from 10:00 to 11:30pm and then again from 1:30am to 5:00am. Scott and I were taking turns sitting with her on the couch watching Kidsongs ALL NIGHT LONG!!! She finally went to sleep at 5:00am and woke up again at 5:45am crying and moaning and whining. She didn't go to sleep again until 9:00am and that is where she is now. Hallelujah!

All night she cried and screamed and whined and moaned, unless we were watching Kidsongs. Then, miraculously, she was fine and just cuddled up to us and quietly watched. Amazing huh? Brian came over this morning on his way to work and an ear infection had in fact developed. We now have antibiotics and should have a better night tonight. I am so grateful for a brother-in-law pediatrician who is so helpful and kind. And last night I was pretty grateful for Kidsongs, even though I don't ever want to hear another song from them - EVER. Well, maybe on the plane from here to Germany.

3 comments:

Kam said...

Woah! That was one blog entry I was not expecting to read. Poor Brielle! And Poor Scott and Alicia!! That just sounds like a terrible night from start to finish. I hope you all get to recuperate today and this weekend. And yes, I do agree that it sounds FABULOUS to have such a connection that your pediatrician can just "pop on over" before work to check on Brie. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that Brielle was so sick and that none of you got much sleep. I remember well those difficult kinds of days. Now I just see well, happy, smiling, darling grandchildren. These are great days!

Sue said...

I agree with Rama. I am sorry that Brielle was sick, and all of you were up all night. I used to say if I could choose a relative, it would be a pediatrician. Great choosing, Alicia. We are all grateful for Brian.
We still watch Kidsongs sometimes.