We spent many hours yesterday renewing Scott's passport and getting one for Brielle. Mine is good until July, whew! We then spent awhile on the computer planning out our trip and finally pushing the purchase tickets button to buy the plane tickets. I'm so glad it's done.
We will fly from Salt Lake City to Frankfurt, Germany on May 3 and return on May 19. We'll spend time at Teresa's house with Steve and the boys in Germany. Scott is excited for bratwurst and hopefully a soccer match. I am excited to have a walk and picnic along the Rhine River (pictured below). This was one of my favorite spots when I was in Germany last time. It is beautiful.

We then get to drive with the Hughes family to Holland for the tulip festival!! We are thrilled that we are going to be there for this. I've always wanted to be in Holland for the tulip festival. I'm excited for the drive there also. I'm sure it will be very pretty. We'll stay there for a couple days and I hope to ride bikes through the tulip paths and Scott wants wooden shoes and cheese.

After these adventures, Scott, Brie and I will fly (so cheap once you are in Europe) to London to visit Kamber (my best friend), Brian and Samantha (Brie's best friend). It is going to be so much fun to stay with them and let Brie and Sam play together. Scott and I have both been to London and it is a very cool city. We'll see the sights of the city and the countryside with Kamber and Brian.
We are hoping to go on a weekend trip to Scotland with Kamber and Brian. This would be so amazing because we could visit the town that Scott's dad grew up in. Scott also wants to get a few accessories for his kilt. We really hope we get to make this little trip up to Scotland, but we'll have to see how money and time are going by that point.
We then come home to Salt Lake City and post all of our pictures on the blog. Bet you can't wait either.
5 comments:
Oh my gosh!! I am so happy for you! You are right- this really is the last time for a while. It's nice that your pregnancies are such that you will be comfortable traveling. How wonderful that you will get to see both Kamber and Teresa. I can't wait to hear all about it.
It sounds wonderful! We hope all goes well for you in planes and cars and in all the places you want to visit and see.
Yay!!! I am excited for you! Those pictures are fantastic, you will be so happy. It makes me excited for our trip!
Wow! Those pictures make it look like you've already come and gone!! We're sooooo very excited you're coming. Can hardly wait.
It sounds like a wonderful trip. My only concern is that you will be disappointed with Germany and England when you compare it to Bakersfield.
Post a Comment