Nothing is as fantastic as sitting at the beach the day after Christmas. On December 26, the whole family drove to Pismo Beach. My Mom and Dad were so good to us. We each had a room at a very nice hotel right on the beach. Mine and Scott's room had big windows looking right out over the ocean. We slept to the sound of waves and a rain storm. This was the view from our room.

When we arrived, Scott and Brielle took naps in the room while the rest of us went for a walk on the pier and let the boys play wave tag. It was a gorgeous day at the beach.

I bought a shell for Jacob on the pier and told him if he listens closely to it he could hear the ocean. It worked quite well considering he was standing right in front of the ocean! Hooray for Aunt Alicia.

Krista, Bryce, Jessica and Tawna posing.

The night at the hotel was spent playing games - Settlers, Pick and Ticket to Ride. A good time was had by all. The next day we had breakfast and then drove a little way up the coast to Morro Bay. We stopped to find some tide pools, but unfortunately they were covered in MONSTER waves. It was SOOOOOOO windy and the waves were huge and ferocious. We took cover on a rock that blocked all the wind.


After a very nice seafood dinner we all drove back to Bakersfield. It was the perfect Christmas family outing.
3 comments:
Great pictures! I loved the beach, and the family together.
I was glad that I won Settlers twice after getting my engine trashed in by Grandma in ticket to ride.
Oops I am the anonymous person above
Post a Comment