Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Partridge on a Pear Treat

Our friends gifts are finished and ready for us to deliver tomorrow. Yahoo!

This year we went to the church's Welfare Square cannery. They are always canning or packaging something. LDS church members here in Salt Lake sign up to go volunteer for shifts to work. The food can be purchased by those who help and the rest goes to bishop storehouses for those in need. Scott and I went to the cannery last week and got a case of pear sauce. It is DELICIOUS! (I actually had pear sauce and almonds for dinner tonight. I don't cook anything now that Scott works until 11pm.) The pear sauce tastes just like a really good ripe sweet pear. Yum.

We wrapped the pear sauce in tissue paper and included a small partridge bird and a note that says "To wish you a Merry Christmas, we give to you . . . A partridge on a pear treat". Cute eh? Can't wait to go delivering tomorrow to all our friends and neighbors.

 Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a creative idea. They look beautiful and will taste wonderful. Great job, Alicia.

Roger said...

I think I would add, "The partridge is for decorative purposes and is not to be eaten."
For liability reasons...
Your gift gave me a great idea. I am going to get the cream of mushroom soup that I can't eat (sodium) and put it in a Food-4-Less bag, with a note - "Seven shrooms a swimming. CAN't wait to see you."

laura said...

Dad- Do you ever work? Or do you sit around thinking of one liners all day. just wondering.

Roger said...

Dear Just Wondering,
Thanks for watching over me.
Love, DAD

Anonymous said...

Hi Alicia, Scott and Brie! Happy holidays- ever since your halloween post I have been meaning to leave a comment since Sophie (10 mos) was also a bumble bee. It has been really fun keeping up with all of your adventures and seeing your beautiful daughter grow into such an adorable toddler. It is so clear all the way from Boston what a cute little personality she has. Merry Christmas and happy birthday to Brie! Laura

Anonymous said...

Roger,
I hope you send us some of your shooms a swimming... so clever.
Alicia,
You really ARE so creative, and what a cute, fun idea! (except, that doesn't sound like a very nutrious dinner).
We just made oatmeal cookies for our friends, and then the day I was going to deliver them, we didn't pass our car inspection so I spent the whole day doing car repairs. The cookies didn't all get delivered, so I gave the last batch to the mechanics. They thought I was weird.