Monday, December 25, 2006

Brielle's Birthday Bash

Brielle's birthday is on Christmas day. It was a very special day last year when she was born on Christmas. We opened presents in the delivery room. We called our families to say "Merry Christmas" and "We're having a baby!". I felt like it was so special to be having our precious baby on the same day we were celebrating Christ's birth. It was wonderful. Celebrating her first birthday on Christmas was just as great.

We finished with all of the Christmas festivities by noon and that evening we got to start with birthday festivities. How fun is it that Brie got to be with my whole entire family on her birthday!

Scott and I made homemade Macaroni and Cheese. Mac n' Cheese is the only food that Brie LOVES and will shovel in her mouth as fast as she can. She really loves it. So we found a good recipe and made it for everyone for birthday dinner.
(Yes that is a huge red mark on her eye that turned into a bruise from a fall right before dinner started. Brie got bumped around a bit trying to walk in the middle of all those people, but she is stronger for it I'm sure.)

After dinner, we had cake and presents. Brielle had her own cake, the kids had cup cakes and I made a candy cane cake for the adults. Brie really dove into the cake - literally. She also clapped when we sang her Happy Birthday. When it was all done and over she got a birthday bath.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Those are perfect first birthday pictures. You would think she is posing! She is adorable, and I am so glad I could be at her party.

Kam said...

Those are such cute pictures!I love the one with Brie's hands in the air... hooray!! And the one of her attacking her cake.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had a good Christmas and First Birthday. She looks great! I am sure Brielle will love having her Birthday on Christmas. These pictures are great, thanks for sharing with us.