Monday, December 04, 2006

Discovering Christmas

I was so excited about Christmas this year that on November 30 I decorated the whole house with Christmas decorations, we went and picked our tree and got it up in the front room, and put lights all around our fence. That is the earliest that has ever happened.

I did most of the decorating while Brielle was napping. I was excited to see her reaction to all of the new things around the house, especially the tree. Surprisingly enough, she didn't care much about the tree - she touched it and looked at it and then left it alone. She was very interested in discovering all the other new things though. I filled our Christmas candy dish with her snacks - puffs and fruit snacks. She really liked that.
Scott has a Christmas penguin that his mom gave him. It is big and soft and has become Brie's new best friend. She hugs him, kisses him (open mouth of course), sits with her arm around him and is always excited to see him. This is her and penguin watching Baby Einsteins.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Brielle looks so much like Scott to me in these pictures. Except for the bald head, I know that comes from the Allred side. She is adorable!

Roger said...

That Brielle is going to be popular with the boys when she starts dating.

Anonymous said...

It is so much fun to watch a child experience a first Christmas. Enjoy it. They grow up fast.