I always look forward to General Conference weekend. This was a nice one. The weather was good, the talks were wonderful and it was relaxing. We started it by getting a babysitter for Friday night so Scott and I could go out on a date. We had no plans at all. We just started driving and ended up driving downtown. It was such a clear, nice evening we decided to eat at The Garden at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building just for the view. The vegetable lasagna wasn't bad either.
Not sure what my face is doing, but outside the window looks nice.
Saturday morning session of conference was a complete success. I watched and worked inside while Scott listened on the radio and worked on cleaning out and organizing the garage outside. The kids went between us both.
After the first session, Brielle and I skipped out (and watched later) to go see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the Hale Center Theater. She gets so excited about new things. I love her enthusiasm. She was just amazed at the theater and how the seats all sit in a circle. And then the show!! Well, the show was absolutely fantastic!! It was so funny, the singing was great and the props were incredible. They did such a great job. At the end, Brielle started jumping up and down yelling, "That was AWESOME!!" And it really was.
Scott had a nice night out with his dad, Brian, Glenn and Alan to Indian food (has become the tradition) and the Priesthood session and I have no recollection of what we did while he was gone. Sunday morning we had to get serious about the kids watching. So, we brought up all of their chairs so they would each have a comfy spot to watch from. I printed out the conference packets and had their trays and crayons ready. It went surprisingly well . . . for a little while at least.
Kate was a really good watcher ;) She must be very mature for her age, right?
Zachary's final creation. The first presidency and the pulpit out of toilet paper rolls.
This was the first General Conference in which a woman said a prayer. Those involved in promoting more equality for women in the church were very pleased I think. Brie and Ava know nothing about this, but must have felt it, because they decided on their own to make girl puppets to add to Zachary's little set up.
It was a beautiful day. We went for a walk/ride to get some wiggles out while Scott made us rolls at home.
Afternoon session was a little different. Tawna and Evan joined us. Things were not quite as "structured" as the morning.
Evan just kept sticking more and more tape on her head. She was actually really enjoying this game.
We finished the weekend with some dinner and a very fitting drink.
No comments:
Post a Comment