Tuesday, April 02, 2013

March Marches On

March marched on and I was capturing it's day to day moments through the lens of my iPhone (and then of course, Instagraming those moments). Here they are:

Brielle received The Eagle of The Month award at her school. She had a special awards ceremony that we were all invited to. The principal read some really nice things about Brielle that her teachers had written. They said what a good example she was in the classroom of a good friend and someone that was very enthusiastic about learning. Hooray for our eagle!

 I took Zachary to Target one sunny, clear morning to buy a yo yo with his very own dollar. He had been begging for a yo yo and had a dollar from grandma. When we came out with his new yo yo, we found a complete blizzard to drive home in. Crazy.

Zachary found a delicious new beverage that he honestly loves! Crazy, I know. There must be some sort of deficiency. He then let Ava try it with their new Easter straws and they both finished off another jar of pickle juice. Mmmmmm.

Every time I put Kate down to bed for a nap or at night she is the happiest baby you've ever seen. She gets so excited to put her sleep sack on and then giggles with delight when I lay her down. She hugs and squeezes her Care Bear and baby and talks to them in her bed until she falls asleep. Adorable. 

We went to visit Grandma Rama and Papa Fred one day. They have a special toilet. Zach was calling for me to come wipe him and when I walked in I found this. He said, "I see you." Cracked me up.

We braved the crowds (nine days out of surgery for Scott) and took the kids to the Utah Safe Kids Fair. There were a lot of fun things for them to do like a bike course, riding police motorcycles, driving the fire engine, etc. There was also a lot of candy to be won and the best part, five dollar helmets!! They liked it, Scott and I vowed to never go back. Too many people packed in there.
 Calendar models on the fire truck!

Brielle had a Friday off of school. We chose to use our pass to Kangaroo Zoo and meet our cousins (Connor, Abby, Andrew,Hannah) down there for some jumping. They had the place to themselves and had so much fun together. We finished our fun day with the cousins with eating pizza and roaming an awesome toy store.

Tawna came with me and the kids to IKEA. They were getting rowdy, as usual. I just had to run back and grab a salad bowl. When I came back to them, I found this. Tawna kept the troops in control by creating a back scratching train using IKEA's pasta ladles. I laughed so hard. Genius!!

Cakers pushing her stroller. Nope. She still is not walking, but is so stinkin' cute.

We had all the Buchanan Clan over for Sunday dinner and celebrated Hannah's birthday with cupcakes afterward.

Ava and Zachary spend a lot of time together while Brie is at school. Zach is down for pretty much any idea Ava comes up with. This time she dressed him up in the penguin costume and got in her own costume. They had a ball. Zach had to ask Ava to dance and then they danced all over the living room.

Zachary continued wearing his "tails" for days and became a concert pianist.

The weather warmed up and turned beautiful. Beautiful enough to start running outside. Yay! I loaded these two up in the jogger stroller and we ran UPHILL the whole way until we met Ava at preschool and walked home with her.

We met our friend Jeni and her daughter Sara Katherine at the University of Utah gymnastics meet. We always like going to these. The girls had a good time and all, but the party really got started when we were leaving. Someone handed all the girls some glow wands. Awesome. Then one of the concessions workers gave them a whole bag of all the leftover popcorn!! Whoa! They all plopped down on the floor and started shoveling the popcorn into their mouths like it was the best thing to ever happen to them.

We endured a morning of a very sad baby Kate. She just cried and cried. All was better that evening when we got to go to the Cavity Free Party put on by the kid's dentist at Planet Play. They met Snow White and Spider Man. They ate lots of pizza and played lots of games. And we finished with ice cream.

Playgroup is going strong again. We are all happy about that. We got to visit the fire station again with the younger kids (not school age). The fire men showed them the truck and their uniforms. Zachary didn't want anything to do with those firemen, but Ava was all up in it.

I get to spend every other Wednesday afternoon with these lovely ladies in Activity Days. I love it. In this activity I brought the supplies to make the countdown to Easter eggs that contain scriptures and items about the crucifiction and resurrection.

And this is what the final days of March brought us. Surprisingly enough, we were all excited to see the snow. Ava was so excited she ran right out into it in her pajamas.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Busy, busy. I love your March round up. I got stuck on the pickle juice drinking picture because the boys couldn't believe that people were drinking it like juice. They said they remember Brielle, but they don't know the other kids. Sad. I need to show them the blogs.
I do have a suggestion for the pickle juice too. Have you seen the texas pete pickles made by Mt. Olive. We bought them on accident one time and they were surprisingly very good. And what good juice they would make for your kids! LOL