Friday, April 26, 2013

Opening Day!!!


Lest you may think that we forgot about our traditional Opening Day celebrations, please be assured that the celebrating went on just as it always does. I am just getting lazy at posting our happenings in a very timely manner. 

Scott and I got to start off baseball season this year with a first time ever in SLC, major league baseball exposition game between the Colorado Rockies and Seattle Mariners on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon. It felt awesome to be out at a baseball game and especially to get to hang out with just Scott for a few hours. Scott was in pure heaven! He kept saying how much he loves the sounds and smells and feel of a baseball game. He actually planned out some activities for his funeral while sitting there taking it all in - passing out hot dogs, throwing out peanuts, singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame". He really loves it.
 Nasty Nachos!! I wondered why it is so exciting to get nachos at a game. I mean, they sell them right on the corner at 7-11. Why don't I stop in there and get them ever? They are really so good!
 A few days later, Scott took the day off of work for the Red Sox game. He put on quite an Opening Day party for us all. He grilled hot dogs, served nasty nachos in a tray, handed out Cracker Jacks and gave us all Root Beer. We watched the baseball game on TV while it poured rain outside. It was a fun day to have him home. He throws a really good party.
Check out this kid's eyes! I love this picture of him eating his hot dog.
  Snuggled together watching the Red Sox. This must be what Scott's after-life is like.
 Please take note of this cutest new dress that our friend Caitlin gave us as a baby gift when Kate was born. She brought it back from Boston and had "Buchanan" embroidered on the back. So awesome.
 When Brielle got home from school (and Kate napped) they played baseball on the Wii and thoroughly enjoyed Cracker Jacks.
 Dinner time. Did we really eat hot dogs for TWO meals that day? Well, I guess it was a special occasion, right?
 
Pictures of the kids in this year's Red Sox shirts. Scott picked them and ordered them so that they would be here in time. So cute.
 This is how it all ended. Looks like a good time, huh?
Happy baseball season. We love you Boston!

5 comments:

Randi said...

Will you adopt me?

Jeni said...

Super fun tradition! And singing take me out to the ball game and handing out cracker jacks at Scott's funeral? Hilarious!

Rama said...

You always do everything up right and have so much fun!

Teresa said...

Wow! Looks like quite the party. Scott really gets in to it. That is Awesome! I love that little dress that Kate is wearing. Glad you guys were able to enjoy some baseball.

laura said...

I am in LOVE with that picture of Zach!