Our Boston friends reunion weekend finally came. Jeni, Randi, Kamber and I have been talking about getting all together for quite some time now until Jeni made it happen. Thank heaven for her because it was one of the best weekends ever! Seriously. I love, love, love these girls. They are some of my best friends from some of the very funnest times of my life. Scott and Brian were right there with us for those good times too, so it was perfect to have everyone together again. It's been nine years since we all lived in Boston and there still isn't a group of people that I feel as comfortable or happy or so myself with. Good, good friends.
We drove up to Lava Hot Springs on Friday morning. Our family was the first to arrive so we put on our swim suits (even though it was snowing) and got on in the hot pools. It was awesome. The water is perfectly clean. So clear. No chemicals at all. The hottest pool up near the source was 112 degrees. Far too hot. We kept ourselves and the kids down in the lower one which was 103 degrees. Perfect. I really could soak in there all day long and be very happy. It was about 30 degrees outside and snowing. It really was just heavenly to sit back in that hot water with it snowing all around us.
Had to keep hydrated.
Scott was quite careful with his knee as he had not been allowed, until now, to fully immerse it. He stood out in the snow most of the time, but then decided to get in for a little while. I think those minerals did his knee some good.
Kamber, Brian and kids joined us for the rest of the afternoon. What a nice spot to sit and talk while the kids floated (and sometimes tried to drown) around us.
AND THEN . . . FINALLY . . . THE MOMENT CAME . . . . when everyone was all together in a huge, perfect, rented house in Soda Springs, Idaho. Who would have thought Soda Springs, population 200, would be where the magic would happen to bring us all together again?
It really was magical. Really. Randi and her dad arrived after driving for two full days all the way from Seattle!! Talk about a dedicated friend. Then Jeni, David and their three kids got there and there was a lot of hugs and laughing and talking late into the night.
We all took turns doing meals. In the morning, Kamber and Brian made us a gourmet breakfast of waffles and made to order omelets. Oh heavens, did I over eat all weekend long.
Kids entertained themselves throughout the house (which had plenty of room for them to run) while we concentrated on each other.
Ava and Sara Katherine became real besties over the weekend. They decided they couldn't wait to go swimming.
Sammy and Brie.
Zachary and his girlfriend, Elyse, playing a game where I think she had to act out whatever animal he held up on the card. They were over in the corner cracking up together.
We all went back to the hot pools for the day. When we got there the pure joy of being with these friends again was overflowing when Mike and Marissa Benson and their boys met us there too. Both Mike and Marissa were our very good friends in Boston also. We watched them go from being good friends to dating to married. We all love them and were happy that the stars aligned so that they just happened to be in Utah this weekend and could come.What a group to be simmering away in steaming pools of hot water with. A heavenly soup.
Kate fell asleep in the water. Sweet baby, but boy boy did my quads hurt the next day from rocking her.
The kids (except Benson boys, who had already gone for naps).
My Scotty was a dear, dear friend (as he always is) and helped Randi take care of her dad so that she could have a little time to relax and a chance to sit and talk with her friends. He was so sweet with Rex and sat with him to keep him company and make sure he was warm while we were all in the pool.
The kids and I in the pool.The discussion that went on beforehand with a stubborn 7 year old who didn't want to participate. He he he.
Back to our "home" for a home cooked meal by Randi that was also transported by Randi all the way from Seattle. You know she's a chef right? It was goooooooood. And her fancy desserts. Oh, I wish I had a picture. They were pretty and yummy.
Cheers!
Once all the kids were in bed, the games came out. Just like old times. Starting with Settlers of Catan. We played games and talked until about 3am. That is LATE for us folks. I mean, we have aged. We are not carefree twenty somethings in a singles ward anymore. We have kids that will STILL wake us up at 7am. It was so worth it though. I honestly have not laughed that hard in a long time.
And once again, we woke up to a DELICIOUS breakfast. This time by Jeni and David.
We packed up and then had to say good bye. Why did it have to end so soon?
Kamber, Randi, Jeni and me.
All the Boston Peeps - Scott, me, Brian, Kamber, Randi, Marissa, Mike and Jeni.
Oh yeah, and the Bishops and us decided to go see this Soda Springs geyser after we went to church. Nothing happened, but it sure was cold. Can you tell?
The end. Let's hope this can be a yearly event.
3 comments:
SO MUCH FUN! And as for making it a yearly event, I totally second that motion. This every-five-years business is unacceptable!
I love you kids so much! I dream of the day when we can all live in the same city, on the same block... sniff sniff. Such a lovely thought!
Thanks for the pictures, Jiggles. I'm totally stealing them and adding them to my iPhoto library!
Oh it was so wonderful. Just seeing the pictures makes me all gooey and nostalgic. (And I totally copied that pic of Elyse and Zacky to the "future wedding slideshow" folder. :)
Wonderful trip! I am soooo happy that you have such great lifelong friends and got to get together! Thank you, Scott, for taking pictures. You will have to do another trip when he can fully participate. These trips are fun without kids, too.
Post a Comment