Jessica came to visit for Memorial Day weekend. It really was so great to have her here. We were all hoping to woo her into staying forever and living in Utah.
What did we do to recruit Jessica to say yes to two job offers and move here to be by us?
We started by taking her to Grandma Great's house to weed her garden that had overgrown with a lot of big weeds. I know. We pulled out all the stops. Hard to resist, right?
This is what the kids did while we were hard at work outside. In a trance.We all soon ditched Landon and Scott to till and finish up the garden in the cold and rain while we hung out inside.
From thrilling her with weeds and dirt we moved to enticing her with seven little kids climbing all over her. I'm sure one of those kids spit up on her too, just to sweeten the deal a little more.
Followed by a delicious lunch made by Grandma Great. What could tempt you more? Olives!!!
Back at home Jessica had plenty of chances to snuggle with this little one. Now that really is reason enough to live here. More spit up.
We offered up more good meals and fun at our house - an Allred favorite of a bowl of mayonnaise, or I mean artichokes, for dinner.
Our best attempt at tempting Jessica to our beautiful city was taking her up Millcreek Canyon for Memorial Day. It was beautiful and we had a great time. We made a fire, roasted hot dogs and then s'mores.
Jessica opted out of the fun mud slide we provided for her.
So did Zachary and Norah. They had more important business to tend to.
I know gifts aren't usually allowed on recruiting trips, but the kids put together a hat full of presents for Jessica - earthworms, rolly polly bugs and lady bugs.
And here you can see the claw scratches that Ava dug into his cheeks as we were trying to get in the van to go. Nice touch, huh?
And to finish it all off, we showed her some real cousin lovin' just so she could get a taste of what she would get too if she lived close - a lot of huggin' and kissin'.We certainly hope that one day Jessica will give in to all our attempts to convince her to move herself to Utah . . . until then, maybe we'll just have to keep sending her earthworms and rolly polly bugs. Love you Jess!
4 comments:
Ohhhhh, I'm so jealous. I don't know if the recruiting trip worked on Jess, but it did on me. It all looks like so much fun! Lila was just asking me today if we could go stay the night at Ava's house tonight. If Jessica really did move to Utah, it would be the icing on the cake. I think I would have to twist Brian's arm and make us go.
AWESOME! That looks like so much fun. Not only the beauty of Utah and the good food, but being with so much family. Looks like a wonderful Memorial Day.
Thank you for being so considerate of my mom. I know that she is your grandma, but still...
Well! You've certainly just about recruited me! :) Looks like a fun visit with Jessica. Two job offers? for real?? cool!
Post a Comment