Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Kate - Four Months

Little Miss Kate is four months old. I really can't believe how fast she is growing. I am now fully aware of what everyone meant when they always told me how fast kids grow up. I've experienced it and now I know. It makes me really enjoy every second with this girl. I eat up every chance I get to hold her, snuggle her, make her smile, hear her laugh. I adore this baby. 
Kate at Four Months:
Weight: 12 lbs. 6 oz. (25th percentile, our biggest baby)
Length: 24 inches (40th percentile)
Head: 40 cm. (40th percentile)

Kate wearing the sweater and bonnet that Grandma Rama gave her that had been saved for 40 years. Absolutely beautiful!
Kate is still sleeping in our room. Yes, she is definitely more spoiled than the others, but there is also no where good to put her. So she sleeps in a pack n' play at the end of our bed and then joins me all snuggled up together asleep from about 4am on. I admit . . . I love this. I love holding her while we sleep and I absolutely love waking up to her looking at me and smiling. Kills me.
 The girl is frustrating. She still completely and totally refuses a bottle or a chupa. This means I can not leave her for long. There is no quick way to soothe her except to nurse her or be rocked (by me). This explains why she is our heftiest baby.

She has, however, just started taking to her fingers. We have really tried not to let the other kids suck their thumb, but I'm actually putting her thumb in her mouth trying to teach her to take it. Sad.
She always has her tongue out. She sticks out her tongue at everyone. I couldn't even get a good professional picture of her in her blessing dress because of that tongue. Remember this from the day she was born?
 
She started really laughing a good, hard belly laugh. It is a crack up to all of us. She usually gets really slap happy right before getting so tired she loses it. The kids are in heaven doing anything they can come up with to get her laughing so hard. It's hilarious.
 She started rolling over last week. Now she is always wiggling, squirming and rolling. She's like a greased pig. I can barely keep a handle on her when I'm holding her. I tried to take a picture of her in her church dress . . .
I got a whole lot of this.
 
Kate hates, and I mean hates, taking a bath. We recorded her first bath and she screamed bloody murder through the whole thing. And she still does, each and every time she has to touch that awful water. It's like torture, but it's over quickly.
We are all so completely in love with this little, baby girl. 

2 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful tribute to Kate. She is gorgeous!

Rama said...

I love the picture of the four kids in their Red Sox outfits--so cute!