Monday, June 25, 2012

The Big Performance - Cinderella

All through the year I take the girls to their tap and ballet class weekly. All year they get ready for and talk about and anticipate their "big performance". Well, the big performance was on June 21 at Kingsbury Hall. They performed in Cinderella. 

These shows really are big. They are amazing. The sets, backdrops, costumes and older dancers all make it very professional and are done very well. The classes of little girlies dancing around make it so fun. This year Brielle was a page. She was quite nervous about having to wear pants, but when she saw her costume she was THRILLED. Ohhhhh, the sparkling gold did her in! Ava danced to a song called "Lovely Night". She was at The Ball and danced while Cinderella and the Prince fell in love. Her costume was beautiful. Ava was so nervous last year that I honestly thought she would not go on stage. This year she was bouncing off the walls excited. Not nervous at all, just so happy to get to be a part of it all. So cute.

Brielle
Ava
Pictures from dress rehearsal because no pictures are allowed on the real night.
The Pages announcing The Ball (but not really the backdrop used for The Ball).
"Lovely Night"
The big night came. I dropped each of the girls off with their classes and wished them luck.
They both did great. They knew their dances and mostly had so much fun.
We were very happy that Grandma and Papa came with us too.
Zachary stayed home with a babysitter for the night. I was cracking up when I went up to his room to check on him and this is what I found. Sacked out asleep in just his Green Lantern undies (which he keeps calling panties). He is taking this potty training thing very seriously.
It was a really good night. I am so happy for the girls that they love dance and had so much fun being up on stage performing.

3 comments:

Rama said...

We really enjoyed seeing the girls perform. They looked so pretty and did so well. It was a lovely evening. Thanks for including us.

Sue said...

This looks WONDERFUL! We really need to schedule a trip to see Brielle and Ava dance! What a great night.
It looks like Brielle has hit a growth spurt.

Kam said...

So so so cute! I love that your girls get to do this... it just sounds so exciting to be part of a real performance. They both look so darling, and their dances look so fancy and fun. I'm so glad Ava was so excited.

And, I laughed most at Zach, in his panties. ha ha! (Spence called them that, too, for a long time.)