We have been looking forward to something big at our zoo for quite awhile. Every time we go we walk around a zoo that is half under construction. We waited and they delivered. The new Rocky Shores opened on June 1 and we had to be there.
It's funny. Everyone we talked to said they were going to wait a while to go see the new animals until things settled down, but we wanted to be there opening day. Most normal people dislike a crowd, but here is a little something about me . . . I like the crowd. I like being a part of the party. I don't like feeling like I'm missing out on something fun going on without me. (Except when I have to wait in a line.) Sooooooooooo . . . we were there and it was AWESOME! They did such a fantastic job. The animals were playful and lively. The animal habitats are beautiful. We loved it.
Finally crossing the bridge that has been closed for so long.
Seals and sea lion.
Me: "Everyone look at the camera and say cheese." Yea, right. It's like pulling teeth.Seeing the new Polar Bear, Rizzo.
Zachy watching her swim.
And some good shots of the lovely lady we came to see.
Lunch. They were so excited that I FINALLY bought them pizza Lunchables. Turns out the pizzas didn't live up to their high expectations, but I guess they were fun to make.Riding the Polar Bear sculptures.
And then the seal.
It was a fun day. Weather was good, crowds were not bad at all, but mostly it was exciting to see the end result of all that work and money that has been going into our new and improved zoo. We will be back . . . a lot.
3 comments:
I think crowds would be much easier to handle if Landon was there with me. There certainly are great benefits with Scott's job schedule! It does look like fun, though- we will certainly make the trek one of these days. I'm excited to see all the new animals and finally be able to take the kids past the construction tape. I can't wait!
Looks great. I want to go next time we visit.
I LOVE polar bears. We will add that to our already extensive list of "to-do's" in Utah. And little Katie Pie is looking older. Time for you to come visit again.
Post a Comment