Friday, February 01, 2008

Talking Tidbits

Every evening when Scott comes home from work I tell him all about what Brie and Ava did that day. Lately, there have been stories of what Brie said that day. We are loving listening to her learn to talk to us. Last night Scott asked if I write these things down. Well, here they are so that we remember them.

- Brie figured out our names. She will call to me saying, "Oh 'licia." Or call to Scott saying, "Oh Scott." In the past couple days she has started calling me "lady". Don't know where that came from.

- When I give her food she sits and eats it saying over and over, "Just right. Mmmmm. Just right mom. This is just right. Delicious!"

- She knows the story of baby Jesus being born to Mary and Joseph. Recently, when asked what baby Jesus mommy's name is she says "Mermaid". They sound similar.

- Toasting "cheers" is her FAVORITE thing to do. Scott taught her cheers and now we cheers and clink our glasses at every meal. In Brie's mind though, anytime something is matching it calls for a "cheers". If I have a skirt on and she has a skirt on, she bumps me and says "cheers". If she and Ava are both only in diapers, she body slams Ava and yells "cheers". When Scott put on his coat and Brie put on hers, she bumped him and said "cheers".

- Brie started saying "No Way!" a lot. I think she learned it in nursery. I told her she can say "no" sometimes, but she needs to say it nicer. I taught her to say "No, thank you." instead. Now though, every time I ask her to do something (diaper change, etc.) she says "no". I tell her that we don't say no to mommy. She then says in a very sweet, sing songy voice, "No, thank you mommy." I say, "Well you still gotta get your diaper changed kid!"

- When she is grumpy in the morning it is usually because she needs her chocolate milk fix. She whines and whines for it. I tell her she needs to ask me nicely and she gets so mad and says, "No. Brielle cry, cry, cry!" Like she is telling me to just leave her alone and let her be grumpy.

- I love when Scott gets ready in the morning and when Brie sees him she says, "You look soooooo pretty daddy!"

-We have reached the stage of a million questions a minute. Usually I am asked "Whatcha doin' mommy?" over and over and over again. Sometimes the question is "Where daddy go?" or "What's this?" or What's that?", but usually it's "Whatcha doin' mommy?".
- When Brie gets upset she goes right to her room for awhile. Her tactic of taking some time away to calm down really works. She comes back and says, "I suck my chupa and hold my bear. I happy now!"

- Brie says, "I got good idea." when she has a plan for us. Or tells me an idea and then says, "Good idea mommy?"

4 comments:

Dunn Family said...

Brie is so cute! I loved reading those. I would love to go to Discovery Gateway with you guys. They even have an area for Ava. It would be fun! The good thing, Ava would be free because she is less than 12 months. Lets plan it.

Amber said...

call me crazy, but I absolutely love two year olds. When Cameron was two, I don't think we stopped laughing for the entire year, they just say and do the funniest and cutest things!

Buchanan House said...

Brielle is learning so fast. I'm glad you are recording her cute ways of saying things. She's a doll!

Kam said...

She's so cute. I love the self time-out in her room, and the whining for chocolate milk... we have very similar experiences at our house sometimes. That's hilarious about "cheers" -- wonder where she got the matching idea. Thanks for sharing. Call me sometime -- it seems like it's been awhile since we talked.